News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Clutch pull inquiry

Started by matts23, September 24, 2010, 04:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matts23

I know I have read this on the forum somewhere so I apologize for asking, but I have been searching for a couple days for a thread on putting 05-06 Girly clutch lifter arm on the earlier girlies.  I am looking for the parts list because I read that different years need different parts.  I did a few hour ride last weekend and it was alot of stop and go.  I was starting to get hand cramps, so I thought maybe this would help.
----------------------------------------------------------

2002 Tiger (Roulette Green)
1996 Honda XR400R Supermoto St. Legal

walker

actaully, I think it's even on the 2004 models as well.... been a while since I did a parts cross reference on bikebandit.

Triumph used to sell it as a kit for the Sprint models... but you can just get the individual parts and call it a day.

That will help, as will the adjustable lever and perch from a 2007-2010 model, but your stock hand guards won't fit up at that point. I ditched those anyway - all they did was keep water off of my already waterproof gloves.

original article with pics here:

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/viewto ... tch+lifter

walker

I just checked the part number again - it was used on tiger models 2004-2010 (still in use). The part triumph was selling as a kit was a "span reduction" kit, which was the older lifter along with a new lever and gaskets.... it did the opposite - reduced the amount the lever moved - to what you have now (at the expense of making it harder to actuate the clutch - you are making a shorter lever at that point).

matts23

Exactly the thread I was looking for, thanks!  I wonder why I didn't get it on search.  I appreciate the lookup.  Hopefully it will ease my pain in traffic.

matts23

When you changed your clutch perch to the new style, what did you do about your clutch switch?  Did you just bypass it or is there one on the roadie perch that works with the Girly wiring?  I could put that and a roadie master cylinder on and then handguards off of a roadie would bolt right on.  The Girly guards are ugly anyway.

walker

the clutch switch is part of the wiring harness on the bike, it plugs right into the new perch same as the old one. Always a good time to clean it a little bit - they tend to collect dirt and grime.

I think the handguards for a roadie connect to the bar, so you can do that even now (I'd have to look up the thread). I did wonder if the newer master cylinder is any better or worse than the current one.... and that is an expensive upgrade.... I just swapped in an adjustable brake lever I had sitting around that came off of a triumph bonneville t-100, as it matched the adjustable clutch lever. Direct bolt on.