News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My new Project "Z200 Cafe Racer"

Started by moose, September 28, 2010, 10:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

Thought I would show you what I have been working on the past couple of weeks.

Im aiming for a clean look, most things hand fabricated or modified, and also trying to hide all (most) electrics.  Battery will be hidden in the hump of the seat.

Currently making a set of rearsets and designing the exhaust system

Hope you  like  :D

By the way, picture sequence is backwards  :roll:

Nick Calne

I am insanely jealous.  What a cool project.  Keep us posted on progress.  8)
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

moose

Thanks nick

I will do, think it might be a long term thing as my wife is setting the budget  :?  :?

I've pain stakenly spent 4 days cleaning the spokes and rims one by one, ready for painiting.  Interesting part comes when I try to lace them again - with the hub in the middle!!!!!

I will keep posting pictures and updating, glad you like it

moose

Engine is now primed and painted, see pics :-)

daveb

looking Sweet there Moose, any idea on graphics / paint colout scheme? at the moment.

moose

The fram is going to be painted a copper colour, the tank and seat will be painted a White pearl with a mild copper flip.  The wheels will be painted also, the rims copper and the spokes white.  I'm planning on a brown leather seat pad and the exhause will be wrapped in white exhause wrap.

The graphics I have know idea, maybe you can give me some ideas as Im very stucj with them at the moment, I want to somehow integrate my wifes name "Leony" somewhere and also a graphic on both sides of the tank.  But no idea what, any ideas appreciated  :?

daveb

you say the tank will be white with  copper flip.  just to add one more idea on that. a double copper strip running from the seat to the head stock, running around the filler cap, on one of the strips in transparent black or transparent white you could have your wife's name ghosted. what I mean is the name is applied as a stencil onto the copper strip then you sprat the transparent black or white lightly over the letters when dry remove the letters.

you can then clear coat the whole tank.  job done. I could possible sketch something for you, I could even try out the ghost letters on an old panel I got in my studio (loft) but my panel is black so the letters would have to be white just for you to get the idea.

or even you could use gold flake on top of the copper stripe then again it would all be clear coated.

As you see from the skull below, stencil on the left, by spraying the outside it creates a different effect where the paint extends into nothing

moose

Hi Dave

That really does sound very interesting but i'm having trouble trying to visualise what you mean.  I woudn't want you to go to the trouble of airbrushing an example but if you could sketch something out that would be great.  You can see the shape of the tank on my previous pics.  I really like the idea of ghosting the letters though.

Thanks

daveb

no probs Moose, I will try and produce a sketch over the weekend

daveb

this type of thing I was on about. then add lettering onto the stripe

moose

Hi Dave

I really like that, alot! The stripe really breaks up the colou nice and I think if I did a copper srip on mine like you suggested would look really good.

Given me more insight to think a little outside my box I was looking in, thanks  :D

Colonel Nikolai

Quote from: "moose"Engine is now primed and painted, see pics :-)

That motor looks awesome. With what kind of paint did you do it?
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

daveb

Quote from: "moose"Hi Dave

I really like that, alot! The stripe really breaks up the colou nice and I think if I did a copper srip on mine like you suggested would look really good.

Given me more insight to think a little outside my box I was looking in, thanks  :D

I agree copper paint would make it look different. scroll down on this link you can see different effects of copper, there is one with sparkle.

http://www.everythingairbrush.com/acata ... lours.html

I have not started on the ghost letters as yet, I have been a little busy this weekend but I will do it very soon.

moose

That cosmic sparkle looks really good, how far would a 4oz bottle go?  Would do it do the stripe or just the letters?

moose

Quote from: "Colonel Nikolai"That motor looks awesome. With what kind of paint did you do it?

Thanks!  It is actualy from a rattle can :-)  It's called plast-kote, bit of an experiment but apparently it has been used before to lasting results on an engine.  I really like the finish of it.  The colour is metallic graphite.