News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

HELP! Problem!

Started by bigbehr, October 11, 2010, 01:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbehr

I hope someone can help me with my problem. I bought a 2001 Tiger a couple months ago, and have had no problems at all until now (31,000 miles). Incredible bike!! Last week I was in a huge rain/hail storm. The bike brought me home safely. The next day the bike reluctantly started, and I got about a 100 yards, and then just shut down in a fraction of a second. The lights still come on, but nothing at all when I press then ignition switch. No turn over, no clicking....nothing. I'm guessing a fuse possibly? I'd hate to tow her in to the dealer just for a fuse... Any suggestions appreciated. thanks  :?

KuzzinKenny

Hey bigbehr !! Welcome to TT.com !! have you checked yer kill switch ??

never use mine but have switched it off by mistake and spent half an hour lookin for problems    :oops:

just a thought !!

KK

ps as BB has said ( check sidestand switch and clutch switch )
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

bigbehr

I am an idiot!!   Thank you!!  It was the kill switch.... :oops:

walker

I have done the same thing - usually when I get a new pair of gloves, I'll hit the switch..... the other thing that totally freaked me out on a trip was I stopped (in a not so nice area), and went to leave, the bike would turn over but not run..... kept cranking and cranking.... then stopped and went through my normal mental checklist.... key, kill switch, clutch lever in, side stand... DOH! (haha!).

The pic looks like a 2000 model 885i. I love mine!

bigbehr

Glad im not the only one....  lol.  My Tiger is a 2000 model, but the previous owner put in a 955 engine (2001).  GREAT BIKE!!   I love it!!  Thanks for the reply... Ride safe

pineygroveshop

You are a big man to admit to it!
Cheers,
Stephen