News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New guy from East TN.....?

Started by cowroy, October 16, 2010, 03:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowroy

Well last Tuesday a fella pulled out in front of me on my 06 FZ1 and well it didn't fair too well

But the main thing is I am ok with just a bad stubbed up thumb.(ATGATT) My gear saved my skin literally. Came as close as to rash my watchband but never touched my skin.

So I am in the market for a new ride and wanted something a little milder than my FZ1 that would be more comfortable for me and my wife for longer distances. So please be honest in your opinions. I never really used the power of the japanese liter bike. I will also probably do a lot of commuting on it. Is The Tiger 1050 a good two up bike. Are they fairly easy to work on yourself. I have never ridden one, but I think I would like it alot.  Thank you for your help in advance.

Mustang

find a dealer that gives demo rides or find a dealer to go to when the factory truck is there giving demos

than you can actually ride one .

the power of the 1050 is nice and in the right hands will embarrass a lot of "sportbikes "

The ride will definately be better than the FZ

macgart

Sorry, I can't speak to the 1050 Tiger but I can comment about the 1050 Speed Triple and the older Tiger.  

The 1050 in the Speedy (granted in a different state of tune) is a very impressive engine.  Loads of torque, very very smooth, and big fun.  The egros are pretty good as well.

The Tiger is very comfortable for longer rides and seats you high enough for great vision in traffic.  Smooth power and again unbelievably smooth.  I once traded bikes with a Vstrom rider and was amazed at the difference in vibration.  I do all my own maintenance and find the Tiger to be very easy to work on.  

Sorry this post is not exactly what you're after.  Welcome and glad you're OK.
99 Tiger "Goldie"
The more I ride it, the more I love it!
http://www.johnnymacmotoadventures.com/

KuzzinKenny

OUCH !!  :shock:  That's a well beat up motorcycle !! glad to hear YOU came out of it without anything broken !! you can always replace a bike, skin and bone is a bit more painfull to replace !!

ATGATT !!    :thumbsup

as for the Tiger 1050, i can't comment as i've never ridden one !!

Welcome to TT.com !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly