News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

IAM

Started by Spud, October 16, 2010, 09:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

Just past my advanced test with the IAM, great bunch of lads out of Wolverhampton. Highly recommend this course all the training you need and test included for £139. :D

cheers Spud  :wink:

KuzzinKenny

:hello2  :eusa_clap  :hello2  :eusa_clap  :hello2  :eusa_clap

hope it saves yer bacon someday !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Spud

BACON seems to be a theme on here at the moment :wink:  but thanks I think nearly 1800 miles around your fair country in the rain did me a world of good as well cheers Spud :wink:

Chris Canning

How long have you been riding a bike?,or should that be a big bike out of interest.

Spud

had Tiger for 4 years, couple of years gap between that and a speed triple due to kids :( .  Gsxr 750wn before that, gsx 600 since 91 and a BMW R100/7 but then a really big gap (military service) brothers even mom had a scooter when I was young. So been around them lots but normally with big gaps between riding cheers Spud  :wink:

malc

Nicwe 1 mate I did mine in 2001 & not looked back, well worth the money
its grrreaaattttttttt

ChazzyB

Good on yer. IAM: one of the best things I ever did too.
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

Chris Canning

Thats interesting,I've ridden a road bike from midnight when i was 16,after a few years realised that I could ride a road bike for a 100 years and would never really learn to ride a bike,so packed up,got an ACU license and raced a competion bike(enduro) for 10 years,in all honesty it's were I not only learned to ride a bike,but how one worked,and my first encounter with the joys of things like aftermarket suspension.

Spud

We think we can ride a bike then someone comes along the same road and leaves you in a cloud of dust. :oops:  I met two guys who were police trained bikers and they took me out for a while, they would ride rings around me. I can remember one road we were going around a fairly open sweeper I thought I was giving it some when the one guy come around the outside of me touched my throttle hand and gestured to turn it :oops:  (He was on an old African twin the other guy rode an old xj 600) I had them come under the inside of me on bends  :roll:  and the one that got me a little worried was when we were coming up to a left hander I moved out to the centre line to get the view when one of them come up my inside and pushed me across the road almost into the other kerb (lesson use all the road to get the view :wink: ) so I thought ok got it but he held me for what semed like EVER :o  that was when I made my mind up I needed to learn to ride a bike  :D  I need to do some dirt work now :evil:  cheers Spud  :wink:

Chris Canning

You want an experience on a motorcyle try the West beach race!!,I got to the first turn in 7th,it's only when you turn for home that you then see the hordes coming down the beach  :shock:

Or ride at the Welsh 2 day,and get stuck half a mile from the finish and see your medal go down the drain  :cry:

flaco

Well done, Spud. Hope you have good times riding out and socializing with your group. Are you going to do the Observer training in due course? Go for it- it takes you up another level.
kernow bys vyken

Spud

yeah i would like to think I was good enough to give it a go, must confess this has been the best biking year to date cheers Spud :wink:

Chris Canning

I've been riding 41 years best tip,never ride in a group,you'll always end up riding at a.n. others pace,unless you ride at the front.