News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Free couple of days in Central Scotland

Started by Sin_Tiger, October 18, 2010, 01:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Hi Kenny and anybody else around!

I am home till Sat, free Wed till Fri in the day. I thought about doing a run up to Edinburgh to see the Lighthouse Exhibition at the National Museum.

Fancy a roll n sausage and a brew somewhere?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Bloody hell mate you kept that quiet.  Bit short notice for me I'm afraid or else I'd have had a run up.  Already busy Tues night and going away with the RV on Friday so got to get her ready Thurs.

Next time maybe (and giv'us a bit of notice eh?)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

KuzzinKenny

Man !! your timin sux !! i've been kickin about all year with nowt to do and no dosh to do it with and the first time i get a call from me mate to give him a hand !!   :roll:

sorry Sin_Tiger but not this week  :(

Me Tigger's only been out the shed 5 times this year  :shock:  :oops:

KK

ps i'd remove yer phone no from public view  :wink:
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Sin_Tiger

I Know, suitably chastised  :(

In my defense, I only managed to get flights at the last minute, in the process of changing position within the company, desperately wanted to see my sister who has been very ill and just undergone 7 hours of touch and go surgery and the wife was sure to have plans for me in the first week  :wink:

Being a seafarer most of my working life, after several similar generations, Lighthouses have a special meaning for me. This was brought to the fore when I read The Lighthouse Stevensons by Bella Bathurstsome time ago (fascinating and a good read) and visiting the exhibition is a logical step in my ultimate plan which is to do a coastal run visiting as many lighthouses as possible.

I missed out on the Stafford show that Timbox2 posted up as well  :(

Next time home will be in the spring, promise I'll give fair warning then  :oops:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

KuzzinKenny

Quote ( undergone 7 hours of touch and go surgery )  :shock:

Hey Sin_Tiger !! hope everything went well with yer sis and she makes a full recovery !!  :thumbsup

take care !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Bixxer Bob

+1 on KK, hope she fares well mate.

On the lighthouse theme, are you including Muckle FLugga?  

http://www.nlb.org.uk/LighthouseLibrary ... le-Flugga/

Could be a bit expensive!!  :lol:  I've been there a few times when I worked in UK air defence.  It used to be the most northerly inhabited place in the British Isles until the automated it.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Thanks for the kind thoughts guys. I drove up to Aberdeen (4 hrs there and same return) in the end, wimped out going on the Tiger with it P'ing down in the west. Turned out to be a good decision as the A90 was closed near Stonehaven the next day with a multiple vehicle accident on the icy road surface  :shock:

Anyway, Sis was better than I had seen her in a long time, took a great weight off my shoulders that I hadn't realised I was carrying around. She was even joking about getting a zip tatto around the scar "D'ye think ma heid zips up the back?", it's a Weegie thing!

Never got to the exhibition in the end but I did discover  The Museum of Scottish Lighthouses, so that's on the must visit list for the future. I had only really considered the mainland and Western Isles but with a CalMac Island Rover ticket it might be worthwhile going further, although some of them are going to be pretty hard to reach or even see.

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"She was even joking about getting a zip tatto around the scar "D'ye think ma heid zips up the back?", it's a Weegie thing!

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  She's still got her sense of humor, thats a good sign !!

I had a wee run up to Loch Tay and over Ben Lawers but the road was closed at Bridge of Balgie so i just turned and headed back to Loch Tay and came home the east side !! it was cool and bright and a grrreat day out !!

KK