News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

885 Steamer - Bedfordshire - England

Started by ROCKOZ, October 23, 2010, 08:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROCKOZ

Mustang

QuoteMileage is maybe 200 more since I've had it - 38 something thousand.

Cosmetically it's the same as in the older pictures. Just maybe a little dustier. It is a really smart looking bike for the age and mileage

Mechanically I brought it thinking the Carb's needed setting up to find they had been properly backfired upon. Got another set of carb's for it and found the standard jet size's etc... Also had a brand new airbox. This stopped the little bit of smoking as I think it was over fueling.
It still need's fettling with. Always starts and runs but doesn't rev smoothly throughout the range. Almost as if it stumbles before around 5k then picks up and flies.
I don't know what the problem is and now haven't got the time to spend playing about with it.
Rear shock need's a rebuild as well.. about £60
I know when it goes I'l regret it as I've always liked Tiger's and this is so clean. (Also I have some old reciepts for it etc and my new keeper's supplement but at the moment can't find the bloody V5. Sure I will. If not as you know, it can be applied for for free when changing ownership)
It was up for £1200 as you can see. Would like to see £900 for it.
Give me a call on 07891 551 794.