News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Do you do this, too?? Look at eBay ads for the humour??

Started by cosmo, October 26, 2010, 04:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmo

I have been looking for a car for some time. Mostly because I am in Chicago, don't have a car, and am kinda wimpy. Snow and ice in the dark just don't excite me like years past.

Anyway, I can actually be entertained by reading the descriptions of various vehicles being offered to the public.

Idiots who canNOT spell.

Morons who price their car so impossibly high that it's quite laughable.

Text like "would make a great movie car". What does that even mean?!?!

Ran when parked, in 1972.

Some rust. More like some car, most rust.

And on and on.

What I cannot determine is whether these folk are just bragging that they have the car, rather than realistically attempting to rid themselves of the voiture. eBay does charge for the insertion, regardless of sale.

Nevertheless, I have my source of giggles.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "cosmo"Text like "would make a great movie car". What does that even mean?!?!

Cosmo

For crash scenes maybe  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

E bay seems to have the largest pool of jokers and illiterate idiots on the planet, not sure if most of them can't spell and punctuate, or just can't be bothered. If it's the latter, can you be bothered to read the ad and try to work out what they're saying?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

JetdocX

I disagree.  I think the Craigslist folk to be the least literate of the bunch.

Also a source of entertainment for me.
From parts unknown.

Mustang

Quote from: "JetdocX"I disagree.  I think the Craigslist folk to be the least literate of the bunch.

Also a source of entertainment for me.

Craigslist certainly brings out the lowballers on vehicles most of the time !
I have yet to been offered anything reasonably even close to what the asking price is on stuff. I don't think they understand the concept of a statement that says "$XXX  firm , not negotiable "

Kooba

Hoo wood by a moterbik of sumwun that cant spell moterbike?
Current bike: 2006 Triumph Tiger (Black)
First bike: 1974 Honda XL 100
Other bike: 1978 Kawasaki Z650