News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

carb icing

Started by rybes, November 18, 2010, 04:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "rybes"im only jokin too mate. im jus jealous you aint gotta go through this anymore :lol:

So you'd swap simple carbs - which are nice, easy-to-fix mechanical things - for fuel maps, sensors, laptops, lumpy running and a whole host of other gripes??? :ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

Quote from: "rybes"
Quote from: "Timbox2"But me first bike had an Amal , and plenty in between, its an age thing, as I said, only joking. we all have to start somewhere

im only jokin too mate. im jus jealous you aint gotta go through this anymore :lol: my first bike was only 10 years ago so the only amal i know is the bloke in the local kebab shop :lol:

(Bobs got in before me)But truth be known, Im probably a little jealous of yer fueling, once yer carbs are sorted that is, the 955 certainly has a bit more poke, but the Sagem FI system is a little wanting in the smoothness stakes, though I have to say mines been behaving itself recently, bugger, thats done it.

And now you mention it, I think have an appointment with a large dead mans leg(Donna) , yep Im off to see my local Amal dealer now.
2016 Tiger Sport

rybes

well i sorted the carbs. turned out it wernt icin or jets or sticky floats, orings or anythin else. all the screws that held everythin tgeva were all rounded off by some other less careful owner.....and possibly me :lol: went out bought new screws n washers n stuff. bolted everythin back tgeva n hey presto. runs better than ever :D
so if ya got carb probs, check ya screws ;)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)