News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Need a trunk for your Tiger?

Started by Hemibee, November 25, 2010, 11:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemibee

J. C. Whitney is running their matte black medium and large trunks on sale for $49.99 and if you use promo code "turkey" you get an additional discount on your order.  The large regularly $79.99 and the medium regularly $59.99.  I believe the promo code gets you and additional $7.50 off the sale price.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/motorcycle-travel-trunks/p2010969.jcwx?filterid=c14603j3
2004 KTM 450 EXC
2001 Triumph Tiger (Gone)
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles."  John Wayne

deepsouthtiger

Just my .02 cents.   GREAT trunk for the price.  Bought one of these over 2 years ago.  durable rugged water tight. Got the large, tons of room. Even added an led running light strip behind the red plastic on the "handle" portion.  Looks great.  Works just as well as trunks costing 3 times as much.

Installed easily and quickly.

Very happy with mine.
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits

D-Fuzz

Compared to the price of a Givi, it is pretty tough to go wrong.  I ordered one up today.  Thanks for the heads-up! :D
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

WestTx955i

Yukon

Hemibee,

Thanks for the info.   I've had been using the medium version for 4 years now and 24,000 plus miles with absolutely no problems.  I just ordered the large one - can't beleive it was only $50, same cost as the medium.

D-Fuzz

My trunk arrived in the mail today.  About 10 days to come to Canada, which I thought was great since I ordered over the American Thanksgiving holiday.  It is a really nice unit.  I see what people say about the mounting plate, but I could have spent a lot more money and I'm not sure I'd be any more satisfied with my purchase. :D
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

Hemibee

Mine came in on the Dec. 2, one week from the day I placed the order.  I have it mounted and giving it a try, I think it's going to be a keeper especially at the price.  Also ordered some cramp busters and new brake pads along with it.  Couldn't use the discount on the pads but did get free shipping and no sales tax so they came out cheaper than running into Houston to pick the pads up there.
2004 KTM 450 EXC
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles."  John Wayne

Yukon

Quote from: "Hemibee"Mine came in on the Dec. 2, one week from the day I placed the order.  I have it mounted and giving it a try,

Mine also came in last week and I mounted it on Saturday.  I'll post some pics later.....about a 1/2 foot of snow on the ground right now.

Yukon

Hemibee

Quote from: "Yukon"Pics as promised

What's all that white stuff?  

It was 76 degrees here this afternoon when I headed to work.  Supposed to be around 29 when I get off in the morning.
2004 KTM 450 EXC
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

Yukon

Quote from: "Hemibee"What's all that white stuff?  

It was 76 degrees here this afternoon when I headed to work.  Supposed to be around 29 when I get off in the morning.

I'll trade that white stuff for your 76 degrees every day of the week.  How many more days 'till spring............. :roll:

Hemibee

Photo of the bike with the trunk on a chilly day here in Southeast Texas...

2004 KTM 450 EXC
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

Yukon

Quote from: "Hemibee"Photo of the bike with the trunk on a chilly day here in Southeast Texas...

Nice Blue Sky, no white stuff, that's summer riding weather here.  :lol:   :5moped

Hemibee

Quote from: "Yukon"
Quote from: "Hemibee"Photo of the bike with the trunk on a chilly day here in Southeast Texas...

Nice Blue Sky, no white stuff, that's summer riding weather here.  :lol:   :5moped

Winter weather here, high was 53 about the time the photo was taken.   :lol:   It was 37 when we hit the road but like you said, that's summer riding for you.
2004 KTM 450 EXC
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC