News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tire and wheels

Started by max montreal, November 28, 2010, 07:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

max montreal

Hello ! tiger freind

i am in montreal canada and i am looking for a extra set of wheel for my tiger . i want a set for the paved road and bit of off road  and also a set for only off road .
at the same time what is the kind of tire the you put on yours . i will chage my tire  this winter i was thinking of metzeler tourance exp et what would you put for off road .

thank you for your help
p.s. you can reply in french or english

Timbox2

personally I think anyone who "OFF ROADS" a Girly is bonkers, but plenty do apparently.

If you did a search you would find loads of stuff on tyres but from memory the Normal Tourances ( NOT EXP) and maybe the Michelin Anakee II's are the favourite for the normal road/ light off road tyre.

If you are bonkers then maybe Continental TKC80's or the Heidenau K60's might keep you upright occasionally on the rougher stuff.

PS: If you haven't got engine bars, get em now, preferably Touratech, they work, plenty can testify to that including myself :oops:  Oh yeah, and a spare gear lever wouldnt go amiss, as long as you dont snap the selector shaft, have fun :lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

max montreal

thank you for helping me

i think i will try the tourance exp except if anyone told me not do this . for off road parts, it's to drive around of the forester road in quebec so i think i will be in better shoes to go on gravel and muddy road .

thank to give your advice
max

Mustang

tourances , MUD and tigers don't mix very well ................ :shock:

John Stenhouse

Quote from: "Mustang", MUD and tigers don't mix very well ................ :shock:

Fixed it for ya!  :lol:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting