News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bubbles under tank stripes

Started by Bliker, January 04, 2011, 04:23:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliker

Anybody else having problems with bubbles under the tank decals? The decals on the right side of my tank all have bubbles under them, the left side is fine. It doesn't look as easy as ordering new decals, I think the clear coat is sprayed over them.
2004 Tiger

Mustang

it's a very common problem and the girlies seem to suffer the worse for it .
You are correct the graphics are clearcoated over .

some people have been poking the air bubbles with a needle and squeezing the air out .......but it will continue happening and once your decals are full of pin holes the graphics will really start to lift of f the tank

skoron

We had a break in the weather so I went for a ride and dropped by a pro decal/pin stripe shop.    They said it looks like the decal was not stuck to the tank properly and shrunk a bit causing it to lift.  They said they would start by pulling the air out with a syringe and sealing the hole with clear. Won't be perfect.  They confirmed the tank is clear coated which means replacing the decal will require sanding down, applying decal and new clear.  but, their quote was still cheaper than the $450 Triumph was going to assist me with in a tank exchange (new tank $750).

The reason it is always on the right is because the sun hits that side when sitting on side stand.
The ride\'s the thing, travel too fast and you miss the reason.

Timbox2

Quote from: "skoron"The reason it is always on the right is because the sun hits that side when sitting on side stand.

We dont get that problem much here in the UK :cry:
2016 Tiger Sport