News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel Pump: Interchangable?

Started by Danny955i, January 16, 2011, 08:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny955i

From 01-02 It looks as though the fuel-plate is different than the 03-06... Basically that the plate in the fuel tank does not have the plastic (or metal) fuel fittings in the side of it.

I have come across a Tiger 955i fuel pump/plate assembly with this lack of fitting holes. The donor bike is an 06'.

My bike is an 01'... my main question here.... is it possible to swap INTERNALS on the fuel pump plate. Meaning, can I un-hose and disconnect the pump from the plate and replace with the 06' model.

The reason for this is as follows:

MY FUEL PUMP IS LOUD AS ALL HELL. It is not only obnoxious, but it sputters and grinds. My guess it's from being in 8 years of dry-storage with no fuel stabilizer and no additive in the tank.

Any thoughts?

Timbox2

according to the parts microfiche on world of triumph, the fuel pump itself is the same part number through all years so you should be OK, and yes, my bike has the later version, they went to a single fuel hose which just pushes onto a metal fuel pipe coming out of that plate assy.
2016 Tiger Sport

Danny955i

Great! Thanks!

I did look on the parts manifests on Bike Bandit as well and it seems they are the same for all years there as well.

Great great great!

514Advrider

If you look up p/n's on bikebandit, you'll notice that other Triumph triples used the same fuel pump as well.. Daytonas, Sprints, Speed Triples. I picked up an entire fuel pump assembly for 25$ on ebay a few weeks ago, so they come around cheap.

Danny955i

I just got one from e-bay for 80. Kinda steep... but better than 200 plus shipping from Bikebandit.