News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

PIAA 004 Wiring

Started by cdubya, January 18, 2011, 08:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdubya

Any how to threads on wiring these lights?  It is for a 2005 Girly.

Here's my issue.  Bought the bike used and wiring of the heated grips, PIAA Lights and volt meter were all wired together.  Pulled it all off.  Got the heated grips wired up and working nicely.  Now, I would like to fix up the wiring for the lights.  I have a PIAA wiring diagram and it shows a pos. and neg. lead to the battery.  I prefer to not stack a bunch of leads on the battery terminals.  The heated grips power is coming from the blue/yellow wire under the dash.  Can I safely add another splice clip to that same wire to pull power for the lights?....or, should I pull power from a different wire so as not to over load the circuit?  I'll have to pull power twice as far as I can tell.  One for the power to the push button switch and another for the pos. lead that would typically be attached to the pos. terminal on battery.

Thanks Gents.  I did a few searches and didn't come up with much.  If there is already a thread out there please point me in the right direction.
CW
06 Girly

Mustang

cdubya

Wow.  Going to wiring school today.  Thanks for the link.
06 Girly