News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ThunderBike Power Sports . . .

Started by TigerTrax, January 20, 2011, 05:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTrax

Folks...  news out of NZ. . .

John Fitzwater . . a good friend to Triumph owners . . . and motorcyclists alike.... no longer has the Triumph dealership.

Fortunately for Triumph owners . . . John and his 'creative hands' are still in the business of servicing Triumphs and other marques + very well more aggressively creating 'more GO' for Triumph motorcycles.

Many have received ThunderBike products and experienced his great service............. from 'way down under' . . .

Drop him a line and wish him well....
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

blacktiger

What brought this on? What about brother Ian?
They seemed good to do business with when I rented off them back in 2003.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

TigerTrax

\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

blacktiger

Quote from: "TigerTrax"Read this article... pretty loaded...

www.thunderbike.comnz/newsletters/image ... es_fulljpg

Links not working.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

D-Fuzz

Is it still safe to order from them?  I think my chances of finding a used set of Thunderbike engine bars is slim to none, so I was considering a new set.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

Mustang

Quote from: "D-Fuzz"Is it still safe to order from them?  I think my chances of finding a used set of Thunderbike engine bars is slim to none, so I was considering a new set.
they are still going to supply Thunderbike products ie. the crash bars
http://www.thunderbike.co.nz/shopn/spi/ ... bike_3_TIG

bring your they aint cheap !

NeilD

Quote from: "blacktiger"[Links not working.

IMPORTANT NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT - 15 October 2010:

As of Friday 15 October, 2010, Thunderbike Powersports will no longer be an authorised Triumph dealership. This means of course that we will no longer stock new Triumph motorcycles or represent Triumph in any shape or form. While the loss of the Triumph agency came as somewhat of a surprise, it is genuinely not something I am unhappy about. :-) Indeed, quite the reverse. The retail motorcycle industry is systemically very sick on the supply chain side, and I don't see it improving in the short or medium term. I intend in the future to concentrate on our motorcycle touring operation - www.GoTourNZ.com.

Thunderbike will continue to supply parts (genuine and aftermarket) for Triumph owners, and of course we will continue to service them, and develop our range of aftermarket Thunderbike Performance Products for Triumph motorcycles. Our Service Department will remain in operation and open to the public under the care of Scott Baker who has been with us for over 18 years.

Our online store will also remain open - tyres, parts, clothing, accessories, and of course our range of Thunderbike Performance Products for Triumph motorcycles will be available through that medium.

I will post more news as the situation develops. To all of our customers, thank you all for you support over the last 26 years

Safe riding,

John Fitzwater.
Managing Director

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "blacktiger"
Quote from: "TigerTrax"Read this article... pretty loaded...

www.thunderbike.comnz/newsletters/image ... es_fulljpg

Links not working.

try this one .......

http://www.thunderbike.co.nz/

KK

ps Oops !! NeilD beat me to it !!  :roll:
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

D-Fuzz

Quote from: "Mustang"they are still going to supply Thunderbike products ie. the crash bars
http://www.thunderbike.co.nz/shopn/spi/ ... bike_3_TIG

bring your they aint cheap !

Tell me about it!  I am trying to decide what I need/want to spend money on first; crash bars or getting Sasquatch to rebuild my suspension.  Whichever doesn't get done this year will have to wait for next winter's project.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

oxnsox

Yep... they closed the doors of the retail side not long before Christmas and the building was sold. (Their workshop was in a seperate building on an adjacent site)

Their Triumph agency went to the local Kawasaki/Yamaha dealer and KTM went to Suzuki.  The 'new dealer' is still finding his way.

Sorry blokes should have let you know sooner, as they were my local dealer, but I haven't been in there more than twice in the last year
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~