News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Meet 2011 Poll

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 30, 2011, 10:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NKL

Can Tomski bring some Aussie weather with him?
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

blacktiger

Quote from: "tomski"G'day all, I'm a newbie to the forum so to introduce myself, i'm Tom a middle aged aussie now living for good in the UK, surrey to be exact :)
just bought meself a 'new' steamer had one before and sold it as was going abroad for a while so very pleased to have one once again!
so if ok, would like to come along and 'blow the froff off a couple' on the weekend of the 23rd   :D

Everyone is welcome ESPECIALLY Aussies because we English all like to remind you about the Ashes. :lol:
Or have you swapped sides now?
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

blacktiger

Hey Bixxer, I'm getting in some practice on my new Tiger.

Hope you're doing the same.

Bixxer Bob

Pah!! Anyone can ride a concrete ford, we have one near here.  Pity I didn't realise Tissington was of a different variety  :evil:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

mat-tiger1

Now, now boys  :!:
I hope your going to share a ford or two with us over the Wiltshire weekend Blacktiger?
Perhaps we could have a 'ford
 off' & Bixxer can show off his prowess :?: (I'm sure there'll be one or two cameras around to record the 'action' :twisted: )
Is anyone travelling down from or through the Staffordshire area on the Friday afternoon & fancy a ride buddy :?:
If so, PM me & we'll arrange to hook up :!:
Oh, & by the way, welcome tomski :D The more the merrier :!:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

Quote from: "mat-tiger1"I hope your going to share a ford or two with us over the Wiltshire weekend Blacktiger?
Perhaps we could have a 'ford
 off' & Bixxer can show off his prowess :?: (I'm sure there'll be one or two cameras around to record the 'action' :twisted: )

Absolutely. :twisted:

mat-tiger1

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"

Lol... :lol:  :lol:
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

This Saturday (11th) I'm taking my new 800 for a running in ride and will be calling into the Golden Swan for lunch. Going to tell the landlord that I'll be disappointed if we don't get 20+ there. Anyone close by that wants to join me for a pint? Should be there around 1pm.

CoolHandLuke

If I am free, I may make a trip over that way :)

For anyone else looking for directions...

http://www.thegoldenswan.co.uk/Contact.html

Nick Calne

Sounds good guys.  I've a business meeting in the morning (on a Saturday- chuh!) but if I break free in time I'll make the epic journey over...all 15 miles of it!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

BigMark

I shall be arriving late on Friday night.

Looking forward to another relaxing gathering. At least we haven't got to follow BT to the pub this time  :P

blacktiger

I put some miles onto my 800 yesterday and called into the Golden Swan. Landlord tells me that he's closed Friday afternoon between 3pm & 6pm UNLESS there's a good posse knocking on the door.
I was planning to arrive at around 3pm with a few bottles if the weather's good. I think if it's raining I'll aim for about 5pm.

Also he'd like, if possible, some idea of numbers wanting to eat in the pub. I said it's unlikely we can give him an accurate number right up until we're all there.
I think it would be a good idea to come prepared for camp cooking just in case he can't cope with all 100 of us. Actually, he said they can cope with 30 all at once and 40 if the eating times are staggered.

Good to meet nickcalne whilst there. And the Waddies Horizon was gorgeous.

mat-tiger1

Quote from: "blacktiger"I put some miles onto my 800 yesterday and called into the Golden Swan. Landlord tells me that he's closed Friday afternoon between 3pm & 6pm UNLESS there's a good posse knocking on the door.
I was planning to arrive at around 3pm with a few bottles if the weather's good. I think if it's raining I'll aim for about 5pm.

Also he'd like, if possible, some idea of numbers wanting to eat in the pub. I said it's unlikely we can give him an accurate number right up until we're all there.
I think it would be a good idea to come prepared for camp cooking just in case he can't cope with all 100 of us. Actually, he said they can cope with 30 all at once and 40 if the eating times are staggered.

Good to meet nickcalne whilst there. And the Waddies Horizon was gorgeous.

I'm aiming at getting there around 4.00pm on the Friday, with the same idea as yourself Blacktiger. Once setup, a couple of lazy beers around the tent socializing! (Weather permitting!) and then one or two (maybe three or four!) in the pub when it opens.
The landlord can count on me for requiring meals. (My cooking sucks!) also, if he does breakfast, all the better!
 :lol:
Thinking on, the landlord might need to order a spare barrel of that there Waddies Horizon just in case! We wouldn't want run to out now, would we  :?: :lol:

blacktiger

For anyone that has Garmin Mapsource and wants to look at the proposed routes for the ride on Saturday 23rd, I've uploaded them into the UK_tiger_rides Yahoo group..... http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/uk_ ... es/Routes/
Unless you're already in a Yahoo group you'll have to create a password etc and join the group to see the file.
It's the only place I could think of that I could upload a .gdb file.

P.S. I've also uploaded the routes in .gpx format for anyone that needs to convert it to match TomTom or anything else.