News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Meet 2011 Poll

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 30, 2011, 10:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aesdj

Quote from: "BONANZA"Can someone please book some good weather for this w/end,its been pi**ing down here for what seems like weeks :( . I had a quick run down to Whitby & Goathland(Heartbeat set) on the North Yorks Moors today and the rain was biblical at times. At least I got some practice in for the fording adventures :lol: See you all on Friday

looked at a weather station in Boscombe down and here's what it said

Friday
 Chance of Rain. Partly Cloudy. High: 20 °C. Wind South 13 km/h. 20% chance of precipitation (water equivalent of 1.0 mm).  

Friday Night
 Chance of Rain. Overcast. Low: 11 °C. Wind NW 8 - 16 km/h. 40% chance of precipitation (water equivalent of 2.8 mm).  

Saturday
 Chance of Rain. Partly Cloudy. High: 20 °C. Wind NW 14 - 21 km/h. 40% chance of precipitation (water equivalent of 0.5 mm).  

Saturday Night
 Chance of Rain. Mostly Cloudy. Low: 10 °C. Wind WNW 6 - 19 km/h. 20% chance of precipitation (water equivalent of 0.8 mm).  

Sunday
 Partly Cloudy. High: 20 °C. Wind WNW 13 km/h

Not to bad.

KuzzinKenny

You guys have a grrrrreat weekend !!  :thumbsup

:occasion14

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

blacktiger

Quote from: "BONANZA"Can someone please book some good weather for this w/end,its been pi**ing down here for what seems like weeks :( . I had a quick run down to Whitby & Goathland(Heartbeat set) on the North Yorks Moors today and the rain was biblical at times. At least I got some practice in for the fording adventures :lol: See you all on Friday

Checking on here http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... ather.html it's showing the sun looking round a white cloud for Saturday. Looks OK if not wall to wall sunshine.
You might get some rain if you're coming down Friday.
Sunday IS showing wall to wall sunshine.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

BruKen

You believe the weathermen? :shock:

Send me 50 quid and I'll send you back 100 :P

blacktiger

Quote from: "BruKen"You believe the weathermen? :shock:

Nope, but you've got to be an optimist otherwise you'll never go out.

Robbie

Quote from: "blacktiger"For anyone that has Garmin Mapsource and wants to look at the proposed routes for the ride on Saturday 23rd, I've uploaded them into the UK_tiger_rides Yahoo group..... http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/uk_ ... es/Routes/

well that was a blast from the past not been on there for years!

the route looks very interesting.  8)  you are  :twisted: H

5* fords  :shock: I will bring me tow rope. :lol:

what is the sp regards breakfasts, coffee, is the pub opening? or is it tent cooking? looking for a close by caf? just want to know if i need to pack the fridge and kitchen sink.
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

blacktiger

Quote from: "Robbie"
Quote from: "blacktiger"For anyone that has Garmin Mapsource and wants to look at the proposed routes for the ride on Saturday 23rd, I've uploaded them into the UK_tiger_rides Yahoo group..... http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/uk_ ... es/Routes/

well that was a blast from the past not been on there for years!

the route looks very interesting.  8)  you are  :twisted: H

5* fords  :shock: I will bring me tow rope. :lol:

what is the sp regards breakfasts, coffee, is the pub opening? or is it tent cooking? looking for a close by caf? just want to know if i need to pack the fridge and kitchen sink.

Only two fords that we go through. The others are there if you're really keen.

Breakfast is up to you. I'm bringing a stove and some bacon + bread for sarnies. No, the pub is not opening  for breakie.
Hope you get this in time.

mat-tiger1

Hi all, a quick look at the weather & it seems quite promising :wink:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/316?area=Pewsey

Either way, i'm looking forward to it! See some of you tomorrow, see the rest of you Saturday :P
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

BruKen

What time are you planning on beginning Saturdays rideout? Looks like a goodun, but its a 5 hour ride down for me to get there. Maybe if I leave at sparrow fart I might make it down in time.

BONANZA

Quote from: "BruKen"What time are you planning on beginning Saturdays rideout? Looks like a goodun, but its a 5 hour ride down for me to get there. Maybe if I leave at sparrow fart I might make it down in time.
I would think about 10 same as last year.(correct me if I,m wrong). I,m all packed and setting off in a couple of hours for nearly 300 miles of riding so about the same journey time as you.
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple

blacktiger

I was thinking of 10am to leave as there's a lot of attractions to see on the route. e.g. Avebury stones & Stone Henge + others.
I think we'll spend 15~20 minutes at each stop so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding us if you have the route.

NeilD

have fun everyone.. hope the weather holds for you ... and the 17 year old girl guides turn up..  :D

BruKen

Bloody hell. Summer holiday traffic !! I'm on route but its taken 3 hours to travel one :( keep this up and it'll take another 10 hours till eta

blacktiger

Well, 20+ Tiger riders turned up and all said they enjoyed the weekend (lying bastards :roll:).
Sorry to those that turned up late and missed the ride. Hope you enjoyed the pub talk anyway. :friday
As I was leading the rides I didn't see all the antics going on behind. So can someone else do a ride report?
Fording videos will be on YouTube soon along with photos to view.
Here's to next year where Jason's in charge. :hello2

CoolHandLuke

I think we should really point out the lack of 1050's in attendance.  Not a single one!