News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Couple of quick questions

Started by YellowTigre, February 03, 2011, 06:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Quote from: "YellowTigre"I'm thinking of getting the whole supersprox kit.

Do I have to replace the chain guide?
only if it needs to be use your better judgement

QuoteAs for Tourances, I'd like to put one on the back, but that means I've got to do one on the front as well.
why wait till you need a new front , the rear will wear out 2 :1 on the front

YellowTigre

Well it does have 31,000 miles on it....

I guess your right about the tire wear, but won't the handling be off if I put a different tire on the back than the front?
1999 Yellow 900i

1984 Can-Am ASE250

Mustang

Quote from: "YellowTigre"Well it does have 31,000 miles on it....

I guess your right about the tire wear, but won't the handling be off if I put a different tire on the back than the front?
it's a tiger I doubt you will notice anything unless your name is Rossi

YellowTigre

I guess you're right.

I've been looking into the inner tube question, I suppose I just order the correct size and install much like a bicycle (but with more muscle).
1999 Yellow 900i

1984 Can-Am ASE250

blacktiger

Quote from: "YellowTigre"I've been looking into the inner tube question, I suppose I just order the correct size and install much like a bicycle (but with more muscle).

You mention that re-using the tubes is not a good idea. While Triumph do recommend a new tube with a new tyre, I do reuse a tube once. That is, I replace the tube every other tyre and I've never had any problems over the 63000 miles I've ridden on the bike.
As for fitting, yes, it's just the same as a bicycle but with bigger, longer levers. Of course, the easy way is to get the tyre depot to fit everything together. Most places in the UK will fit for free if you remove the wheels for them. I take the wheels down in the car. While they've got them I go home and clean up the brake calipers and normally, by the time I've done that they phone to tell me it's all ready to pick up. Sorted!
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

iansoady

Just one point re tubes - there are some cheap ones around that puncture or split very easily. Michelin, Conti etc are much better and worth the extra couple of quid.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Chris Canning

Quote from: "iansoady"Just one point re tubes - there are some cheap ones around that puncture or split very easily. Michelin, Conti etc are much better and worth the extra couple of quid.

Never a truer word!!!

YellowTigre

What about Bridgestone?

I found an Anakee Tire for 140.00 and a Bridgestone innertube for 11 bucks.
1999 Yellow 900i

1984 Can-Am ASE250

blacktiger

Quote from: "iansoady"Just one point re tubes - there are some cheap ones around that puncture or split very easily. Michelin, Conti etc are much better and worth the extra couple of quid.

My last tubes were Continental and were made in India. I'm hoping the quality control is up to it.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "blacktiger"

My last tubes were Continental and were made in India. I'm hoping the quality control is up to it.

To digress, the MOD bought some 9mm ammo made in India a few years ago. You could've spit the bullets further.......  The old SMG (sub machine gun) used part of the power from the charge to push the working parts back, eject the empty case at which point a spring pushes them forward again to engage the trigger sear. The duff ammo wouldn't push the working parts back far enough and so you could pull the trigger expecting to fire one round and empty the whole effing magazine....  which is slightly disconcerting the first time it happens :D

KuzzinKenny

I think they bought guns too  :lol:

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

John Stenhouse

Kenny that's a classic.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

YellowTigre

Whats the purpose of the collector on the exhaust system?
1999 Yellow 900i

1984 Can-Am ASE250