News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel Pressure Regulator Vacuum Hose

Started by DKWrider, February 20, 2011, 09:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWrider

Can anyone tell me where the hose connects to from the fuel pressure regulator on the gas tank on a 2000 FI Girly?  I was changing my plugs and upon putting everything back, I noticed a hose dangling by the left side of the engine.  It is the end of the vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator.  I must have pulled it loose while I was working on the bike.  I have looked all over the bike and in the manuals and cannot find where it goes.

Thanks!

2000 Lightning Yellow Tiger

walker

plugs into your airbox on the other side of the bike...

DKWrider

Thanks, but now I am confused.  The hose you described is still attached to the airbox (see photo).  

I had it marked upon removal to connect back to the fuel tank.  This is where it was attached on the fuel tank (back fitting).  The other fitting (front) connects to the ICV lines.

What prompted me to try to find where the fuel pressure regulator hose goes is because when I started my bike, my check engine light stayed on.  Then I noticed the hose that was not connected to anything laying on the left side case.  The end of the hose is slightly swollen which indicates that it was probably connected to something rather just going into space.  

I saw another post about this line and it appears it might only be connected on the 885i girlies.

iansoady

Forget about it, it doesn't do anything.

But the one you're pointing to in the last pic is either the breather or filler drain. It shouldn't be connected to the airbox but should just dangle down - if you look at another Tiger you'll see the two pipes just behind the gearbox.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

DKWrider

Okay, I think I have this straight now.  Apparently these were wrong from previous owner.  If I understand this right.  The one marked with white tape is fuel pressure regulator and it goes to the right side of the airbox. I found a blurb in the owners manual that says to disconnect the line to fuel pressure regulator when removing the airbox so this sounds right.

The outward corrugated line from the fuel tank marked in blue goes to the emissions/ICV system.  The inward line marked in green just dangles and vents the fuel tank.  Please confirm.

Thanks for both of your posts!!!

walker

looks to be right. I never had the emissions stuff, so both the tank vents on the left side just went straight down.... one of them had a 1 way plastic valve installed, but that looks correct.

You can rotate the vacuum attachment at the tank there if you want.... it should move (I can't remember if you have to first remove the C clip).

John Stenhouse

Yeah, mine both just have tubes on there. So is yours a California spec bike?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

DKWrider

I don't know.  The original owner bought it in Alaska.  I just assumed that 1999 and 2000 models all looked like mine.  What would be different on an emissions model?  The Triumph workshop manual shows a catalytic converter, oxygen sensor, etc.

Mustang

Quote from: "DKWrider"I don't know.  The original owner bought it in Alaska.  I just assumed that 1999 and 2000 models all looked like mine.  What would be different on an emissions model?  The Triumph workshop manual shows a catalytic converter, oxygen sensor, etc.
charcoal cannister for the fuel tank as well as tipover valve and the catalytic converter
Californication Spec.

John Stenhouse

Most obvious would be a cannister on the bike for absorbing any fuel fumes.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

DKWrider

Yep, checked schematics on bike bandit and I have California Spec.  Anybody taken some/all of that off?  Any reason too?