News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bo***cks

Started by Timbox2, March 03, 2011, 09:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Just gone out to bike, f..... back tyre flat, poxy big nail probably repairable but I dont fancy that. Only bright side is it had done 3600 miles and didnt look as though it would have lasted much more than another 1000, good grip they may have but Anakee II's dont seem to wear too well.

Fire up the Avensis then, oh well, Its got heated seats :oops:
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

Just fitted Pirelli Scorpion Trails yesterday, man in a van comes to the house, £200 inc balance etc.  Took off Pirelli Scorpion NT90s.  

Hoping that the more road orientated tread pattern will cut some of the road noise at cruising speed.  Off out to scrub them in this morning. :D
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Just fitted Pirelli Scorpion Trails yesterday, man in a van comes to the house, £200 inc balance etc.  Took off Pirelli Scorpion NT90s.  

Hoping that the more road orientated tread pattern will cut some of the road noise at cruising speed.  Off out to scrub them in this morning. :D

Yeah, Ive got a mobile fitter in the area, never used him before but may try him out in view of above.

You go steady BB, its a jungle out there :lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

HockleyBoy

Quote from: "Timbox2"Just gone out to bike, f..... back tyre flat, poxy big nail probably repairable but I dont fancy that. Only bright side is it had done 3600 miles and didnt look as though it would have lasted much more than another 1000, good grip they may have but Anakee II's dont seem to wear too well.

I seem to get reasonable mileage from  Anakees, am taking the bike in tomorrow morning to replace the rear Anakee II with another, 8,000 miles and still a reasonable amount of tread but the commuting has squared it off plus it had a puncture at about 100 miles from new and I plugged it.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

NKL

8000 miles?...... Does the throttle not work?
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Timbox2"Just gone out to bike, f..... back tyre flat, poxy big nail probably repairable but I dont fancy that. Only bright side is it had done 3600 miles and didnt look as though it would have lasted much more than another 1000, good grip they may have but Anakee II's dont seem to wear too well.

I know a man that can supply you tyres  :D

Timbox2

Quote from: "Chris Canning"

I know a man that can supply you tyres  :D

Yeah, I know Chris and If it wasnt so urgent.............

Anyway, picked a tyre up from Protyre in Bristol, £99, which I thought wasnt too bad , got home at 3.30 wheel off and up to my little bike man, £5 fitting, all done, need the bike to get into Hereford in the morning, takes forever in the car and I dont have to mess around getting a vehicle pass which also takes forever where Im going.

I got 6500 miles out of a Tourance, but 8000 out of one of these?
2016 Tiger Sport

daveb

Quote from: "Timbox2"..... Only bright side is it had done 3600 miles and didnt look as though it would have lasted much more than another 1000, good grip they may have but Anakee II's dont seem to wear too well.

I got Anakee II on the rear I have covered about 4500 miles so far reckon I will get another 1500-2000 miles out of it.

Timbox2

Ive been a believer in things happen for a reason for a while and today was another occurence.

see, I had a luverly new back tyre, and where did I have to go today??

Home-Hereford-Brecon-Pontypridd-Home  130 odd miles of bliss, if a little chilly first thing, but thats what the Gerbings for :D

It was another one of those days where I felt one of the luckiest bleeders to be getting paid for scrubbing a new tyre in on some of my favourite roads.

Thank you Nail, yep Im twisted. :twisted:
2016 Tiger Sport

daveb

Quote from: "Timbox2"-Hereford-Brecon-Pontypridd-  130 odd miles of bliss, .

very nice roads,   :P

Timbox2

Quote from: "daveb"
Quote from: "Timbox2"-Hereford-Brecon-Pontypridd-  130 odd miles of bliss, .

very nice roads,   :P

Be even nicer when the twats stop gritting,

ITS TOO LATE BOYS, THE SNOW WAS WEEKS AGO :BangHead
2016 Tiger Sport

ourade

Thought it was you,we passed in Pontypridd, i was heading north on the A470 on my way home from work. :thumbsup
Cheers Ade.

Timbox2

Quote from: "ourade"Thought it was you,we passed in Pontypridd, i was heading north on the A470 on my way home from work. :thumbsup
Cheers Ade.

luv to say I saw you, but sorry. Did I nod?
2016 Tiger Sport

andyb30

I got 6000 miles out of the annakee before it squared off due to the commute, have a Maxxis on there now, done 100 ish miles on it so far seems good............

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "andyb30"I got 6000 miles out of the annakee before it squared off due to the commute, have a Maxxis on there now, done 100 ish miles on it so far seems good............

:icon_scratch  i see you have an 05 Tigger !! tyre for that should be....

150/70 V17 rear - 110/80 V19 front !! as far as i can see on the Maxxis site you only get Tubed type tyres  :? and they're H rated, not V !!

http://www.maxxis.co.uk/tyre-details/108

just sayin !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly