News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Coming Out

Started by Bixxer Bob, March 06, 2011, 12:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

I had a new experience today; a friend talked me into visiting a Harley dealer.  Up till now I'd vehemently resisted any thought of doing such a thing, putting it up there with Al Murray's stance on gay bars, his view being that subconciously hetero men are afraid to enter in case they might be drawn in.  

But I gave in and went with him, and I experienced many strange, new and confusing emotions.  I met some people who were clearly part of a closed group, all dressed in a similar way and reluctant to talk to strangers.  The noise was intoxicating and I saw things that were strangely attractive; whose beauty I could appreciate although I never felt any urge to possess them.  I was being exposed to a whole new world of which, up till now, I was unaware.....

I could go further, but suffice to say, I'm definitely with Al on this one!! :shock:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

As an old mate of mine used to say  

"The world is gay, except you and I, and you are sometimes".
2016 Tiger Sport

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Timbox2"As an old mate of mine used to say  

"The world is gay, except you and I, and you are sometimes".

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :shock:

there is another sayin !! Chrome don't get ya home !!   :lol:

Ya had me worried there for a moment with that subject title BB   :shock:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"Ya had me worried there for a moment with that subject title BB   :shock:

KK

:lol: While I was in the Harley place and feeling confused, I could hear Al's words in my head and couldn't help drawing parallels  :ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

Before you go full-on chromosexual, try bike-curious.
From parts unknown.

BruKen

Oh dear, soon you'll be showing off doing 50 on the motorways so everybody can pass and see you  :lol:  :cry:

Sin_Tiger

Aussie to his mate "I never shagged a poof but I did shag a bloke who had  :shock: "

I can count on one hand the number of decent Harley people I have met who have a balanced view on the subject, even if they do wear peculiar clothes.

A great deal of the attraction in this part of the world, apart from the look at me noise, is the low seat height. Don't bring that up in conversation unless you want to lose friends fast  :?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

They are like motorcycles but somehow they are not.

They are like motorcyclists but somehow they are doing something else, something odd, too.  

The clothes (no, not clothes, it's a uniform isn't it?), the chrome polishing and the posturing, what is it all about?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

John Stenhouse

My friend in Canada calls them Hardly waves at all! Very true over there, did 10,000 miles and I think only one rider waved back at us from a Harley
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Bixxer Bob

So true, rode up with friends on a Yamaha and a Harley leading.  Did my customary nod at everyone going the other way.  Nothing, zilch.  Was it cos of the Harley in the front  :?

BIG BILL

BB, don't sucumm to the dark side, A very good mate of mine started a company over here selling Harley's and I very nearly and I mean had the chq book out went the Harley way, as with other middle class--middle caged box drivers. ( I rode them all,,testing )
At the time 1995 bikes were a bit stale not enough bling and the Harley came along (not many Harley dealers or bike's in the UK) the history behind this sort of ride I will not go into ie, end of second world war an excess of bikes and men who wanted the thrill and excitment of the war so they took to the roads and the Hell's Angel's were born.

Harley's are what they are,,Heavy slow, unreliable,( early models) and most of all a way of life.
You have to live life in the Harley lane not the fast one.

Tigers I have had two and from experiance are 10 times better than the American counter part.
Choose your metal right. ( harley do have a big Gay following and if that's your bag ok )

The Triumph Tiger is for me.....

BIG BILL
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bloody thing (Barry Sheene) Silver 2004 tiger

CoolHandLuke

I ditched a lass over Harley Davidson; She liked 'em and I didn't - it was never going to work out :)

Bixxer Bob

Don't worry, I love my Blackbird and Tiger too much to be turned by pretty metal  :lol:

rybes

am i the only one thinkin "blue oyster bar" ? :lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)