News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

steamer vs tiger offroad?

Started by kingdomstyle, March 07, 2011, 02:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingdomstyle

which one Girly or steamer is better on the dirt,or tough technical riding  :?
1999 TIGER black.2008 XR650L,2008 KLX450R

Mustang

neither they are almost IDENTICAL in off road performance .
Get yourself a Honda for off road single track ............

cascadetiger

Neither is my comment too.  I did have my Steamer on single track in the Big Horn mountains last summer in Wyoming.  It did ok, but the whole time I was worried that it would take a dump on me.  They are just to big and top heavy for this kind of riding.

jwray76

Hondas are the only thing that will get it done off road huh  :D

Mustang

Quote from: "jwray76"Hondas are the only thing that will get it done off road huh  :D
any modern dirt bike will run circles around a tiger and will go where a tiger fears to tread .................my 450 also goes like a rocket and pulls awesome wheelies
it's plated but the ride is tuff on the ass after 20 miles of pavement , each bike has it's plus and it's downside .

kingdomstyle

i have a honda xr650l but that 450 looks fun!

matts23

Here's how you have a fun mix between the tiger and another bike.  I can switch back to full offroad in about 30 min.  Like this you can be out riding the streets and all of the sudden hey there is a trail or a loading docking that looks like I need to hit.  Just try not to get tickets out on the road with a supermoto. :twisted:

----------------------------------------------------------

2002 Tiger (Roulette Green)
1996 Honda XR400R Supermoto St. Legal

kingdomstyle

you get that tiger at engles in kc,i seen one there and  it sold fast,nice bikes,i havent figured out how to load pics but still trying

matts23

No, I found mine on Craigslist last April.  $4200 for a 2002 with less than 6000 miles on it.  Best motorcycle I have ever ridden.
----------------------------------------------------------

2002 Tiger (Roulette Green)
1996 Honda XR400R Supermoto St. Legal

kingdomstyle

yes it is the best and thats a smokin deal!!!

nightrunner

Years ago, Yahoo had the only Tiger forums around.  There were three major Tiger groups.  On one of them someone posted some pics of a steamer power sliding around corners on a gravel road and getting some serious air on jumps.  I think it said this was a pro stunt rider.  I always regretted not downloading those pics.
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril