News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fairing / tank fasteners spinning!

Started by Growler, March 08, 2011, 01:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Growler

Hi peeps today I went to remove the side fairings so as to get the petrol tank off my 96 Tiger and you know it.... spinning bolts / fasteners! ARRRRGGGHHH Any ideas how to get these off and remedy the problem without scrapping a good tank? ... and possibly the panels too?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did manage to get one side off then loosen the handlebars and lift my tank clear with one fairing still attached BUT on refitting as I tightened up the "good" side it span in at least one fastener so now same problem as the other side! I got my plugs swapped out ok but this is a potential nightmare for the future.... Dave mailto:motokustom@yahoo.co.uk">motokustom@yahoo.co.uk

Mustang

don't overtighten and use grease on the threads to prevent it  from happening ....hand tight is to tight , snug to the rubber washer works excellent.

to repair see here http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/viewto ... iring+nuts

the search function does work  :wink: