News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

955i Sagem

Started by dezrat57, October 27, 2004, 04:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dezrat57

Tiger 955i

what is the purpose of the black rubber hose "vacum line"attached to the control box under the seat?

mine was apparently disconnected on purpose; i reconnected for the trip to Creel Mexico,after Creel it appears to have disconnected from ?vibration?

the performance did not seem to be affected.

anyway my partners were riding 1150Gs,Capo Nord &1150rs; we switched bikes and the final conclusion for the Tiger is Best motor seamless power,footpegs to high,front forks too soft and no rebound; so the forks are off to Phil @ Aftershocks

thx dave

Robbie

there is an atmospheric pressure transducer in the control box.

the pipe just conects this to the filtered part of the airbox, if the pipe is just  disconected it shouldn't make to much of a differance to the running of the bike unless your air filter is bunged up.

but if the air box is not pluged you can get dirty air in through the hole that is behind the air filter. If the pipe is pluged then you may get funny fueling on the top of mountains.
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

zombie

Hey Dave

I sent my front forks out and had them re-worked and the difference in the bike is outstanding as I can get really aggressive  with my riding and braking with no worries as it is much stiffer now and handles really well.

You will be amazed at the difference in overall handling in the big beasty

and your confidence level will jump

cheers Mick

Sasquatch

Quote from: "zombie"Hey Dave

I sent my front forks out and had them re-worked and the difference in the bike is outstanding as I can get really aggressive  with my riding and braking with no worries as it is much stiffer now and handles really well.

You will be amazed at the difference in overall handling in the big beasty

and your confidence level will jump

cheers Mick

Who did your forks?  What did they do besides springs?

dezrat57

Yeah Mick!!

tell us about your forks!!

dave

zombie

The chappie that done my forks works on suspensions for one of the AMA teams , can't remember  which one but what he did was take my weight measurements and what my style of riding was  (silly and getting sillier )

read aggresive.

He then set the front end up with springs and I believe emulators  and dropped the fork legs in the triple trees for steeper trail , I also run dymags so I have a pretty steep trail angle compared to stock.

The big benefit is the feedback from the frontend , feels very planted and no front end dive most excellent result.

When I first went out on it with  the front end sorted it felt like a completley different bike and the grin factor now is awesome.

I love this bike and ride the bejeesus out of the thing and it is without a doubt the funnest bike I have owned bar none, when  my mates on sportbikes swap off and ride the thing they are astounded at how well it rides and handles which is  something we already now.

I will call my friend and find out what witches brew he shoved in the front end if he'll tell me as i have asked him before and he told me to mind my own business and just ride the friggin bike..

I now have an ohlin's shock on order from jack lilley so that will sort out the whole suspension package nicely.

Is it just me or is this thing one of the most complete all round bikes that you can buy??? :D