News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Has some one fitted the wrong centre stand ?

Started by SHROPSHIRELAD, March 17, 2011, 08:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHROPSHIRELAD

Well I have fitted my Touratech crash bars along with the Touratech skidplate to my 2003 Tiger 955i which should of course fit along with the Triumph centre stand but it doesn't.  After taking off the centre stand and looking at the fixing brackets they seems to look very different to the ones I've seen for spoked black framed Tigers like mine.  So I was wondering if some one has fitted a later centre stand to my bike or do these not fit at all ? Any way I just order a new stand and fittings from Sprint Manufacturing on Ebay listed for the 955i before they changed to the sliver frame hoping this will fit together.

Timbox2

If you check the Touratech website pretty sure it says that the skidplate cannot be fitted with a centre stand

Yep, Quote from Touratech  :

"The stock engine protector on the Tiger does not protect the bottom
part of the motorcycle. When riding on non-sealed or gravel roads, there are always stones protruding from the ground. Driving over rocks by mistake, may even cause serious damage. We are proud to sell best engine protection. The exhaust pipe is well protected. Won´t fit with centerstand!
2016 Tiger Sport

SHROPSHIRELAD

I checked before I brought the skidplate at the NEC bike show last year they said it will fit up to the year Triumph changed to the sliver frame Tigers, and a quick search on this site shows it should fit with my factory centre stand, hence the question has one fitted the later stand on my bike which is causing the fitting problems.....

TigerTrax

Besides...
the Triumph OEM centerstand is a POS....
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

abruzzi

That's actually not true.  The skid plate works fine with the triumph center stand on 2003 and earlier 955s (I set up my old 2003 that way.)  It's only the 2004-2006 that have the problem, I think that TT only had a later 955 to test, and assumed that it would be the case for all of them.

I would first wonder if your center stand wasn't a triumph model, but a third party like SW-Motech, or if enough parts got switched around that a 2004+ center stand was fitted?

Geof

EDIT: Here was my thread on the matter:

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,6

Timbox2

Quote from: "SHROPSHIRELAD"I checked before I brought the skidplate at the NEC bike show last year they said it will fit up to the year Triumph changed to the sliver frame Tigers, and a quick search on this site shows it should fit with my factory centre stand, hence the question has one fitted the later stand on my bike which is causing the fitting problems.....

Dunno then, Im only quoting what they say on their website.
2016 Tiger Sport

SHROPSHIRELAD

Major update........   Ordered a new centre stand for my 2003 Tiger and yes it was different in many ways from the main stand I took off and now the Skidplate fits all ok.  So just to let you guys know it looks like a cast wheel stand fits on are older 855i/955i spoked wheel models.