News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

new carbs

Started by rybes, March 19, 2011, 11:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

will do mate. gunna clean em up tmora as per mustangs cleanin thread n fit em on.
what you reckon mustang ?
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rybes

well, i cleaned em up good job really cos 2 pilot jets were blocked. had a small fuel leak throo the airbox i had t sort. i know its been said before but......who ever designed that airbox for carb removal needs shootin  :lol:
jus been for a 15 mile blast and all seems well. picks up good and it no longer pops back throo the exhaust on over run. now just a case of findin out if the mixture needs sortin. ill be watchin the tailpipes closely.

Mustang

the dead giveaway is if you are lugging in third or 4th gear and then twist the grip to full open quickly , it should start to pick up rpm and power fairly instant ...........if you can have someone behind you when you do this they can tell you if it's belchin black smoke like a diesel truck . If it is your too rich.

that's the way a poor man's dyno works  :ImaPoser

rybes

carbs done me proud. no probs at all on the ride to denmark. loadsa power and even better 45mpg. not bad considerin how much weight i was carryin.
http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,9389

CoolHandLuke

Nice one Rybes.  Out of interest, what MPG were you getting before the change?

When I first got my bike, with the Mikunis, I struggled to get more than 40MPG, even taking it easy.  Adding the Sprint carbs increased that to somewhere between 45 and 50 and then replacing the stock exhausts with BOS exhausts is consistently returning 50+.

rybes

to be honest Luke i couldnt tell ya. been 3 months since i rode it last and the carbs were that badly set up the tail pipes on me zorst were covered in fluffy soot so probably bout 25mpg. this time round the tail pipes after 210ish miles ya could still see the metal beneth a slight grey deposit. gunna whip out a plug and check to see what they runnin at but i dont think its rich.