News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

This Years 955

Started by Chris Canning, March 20, 2011, 10:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

With a few winter tweeks and new Pirellis

Bixxer Bob

Looks clean and sharp Chris :lol:

What tweeks???   :icon_scratch
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Well I've managed to jam an Odyssey 535 battery in,Spud on here opened his mouth about  hand guards so that cost me 100 quid :D ,but the big difference and I'll not shout too loud because I've only ridden it round the block is fresh fork oil, again 15wt,but 750cc,it is very strange riding a Tiger with little fork dive,how the bike will handle,will the forks stand to the extra without popping seals,I don't know,but blimey different is most cerainley.

The Pirrelli's are an unknown quantity as well as I had Road 02's on before.

Bixxer Bob

I bent over for the Touratech man at the NEC, Nov before last, for the handguards.  I really like them, but don't have the  :shock: wallet-raping winglets.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

matts23

Looks great!  What wheels are on it?  I converted a Honda XR400 to a street supermoto with CBR 600 wheels.  I am thinking of making a second set of wheels for my 2002 Tiger.
----------------------------------------------------------

2002 Tiger (Roulette Green)
1996 Honda XR400R Supermoto St. Legal

Timbox2

Nice one Chris, I can vouch for the fact she looks even better in the flesh.

Im gonna be letting John Gaskell at me wallet today, cant put up with the Tigers rear end much longer. :cry:
2016 Tiger Sport

Spud

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Well I've managed to jam an Odyssey 535 battery in,Spud on here opened his mouth about  hand guards so that cost me 100 quid :D ,but the big difference and I'll not shout too loud because I've only ridden it round the block is fresh fork oil, again 15wt,but 750cc,it is very strange riding a Tiger with little fork dive,how the bike will handle,will the forks stand to the extra without popping seals,I don't know,but blimey different is most cerainley.

The Pirrelli's are an unknown quantity as well as I had Road 02's on before.

ER sorry Chris  :oops:  , BUT it does look pretty "smuckin fart" though. nice brakes what are they ? Looking good mate cheers Spud  :wink:

Chris Canning

John Gaskell e'h!! he's the man  :D

Wheels are Dymag,but I had the same size with wire wheels and inner tubes before,it's been a long process  :oops:

The brakes are French Beringers,I was just in the right place at the right time,I bought both those and the Ohlins shock off the same guy,although that must have been 7 years ago at least,the Ohlins was freshened by the said John Gaskell last year.

http://www.revsracing.co.uk/history.php

But I have to say,my quick trip round the block was OK,but I'll reserve judgement on the forks till I've done some miles.

jnutiger

Chris

I found this previous quote of yours....

"Oddly enough because I do a group buy on another forum for batteries I have access to a variety of Odyssey's,I attempted to fit a PC535 and it's an absolute nats too big,I had a spare battery holder given to me and during the winter may try and see if I can mock up something better."

Could you tell me what you ended up doing in order to fit the Odyssey.

Thanks
2006 Tiger

Chris Canning

I'm a great beleaver when in doubt have a spare,I have two friends who have a small bike breaking business who gave me a brand new one.

The 535 needs to have all the ribs shaved off it,taking a sharp implement to a battery is not ideal,but I've done about 20 odd for another model,but the ideal tool is a wide wood chisle.

The rear of the battery box has to cut away right down to the very bottom,and it all just about squeezes in,the othe hassle is the original earth lead,it's not possible to bend it at 90 degrees to bring it up the side of the battery,so it was back to the bike breakers for another.

Unless your in any rush,I'd wait a while untill I've done a few miles and I'll report back,my only concern is vibration,it is clear of everything(just) so I need to do some R+D,although I have to say very nice the way it spins the motor up instead of that hesitant is it going to go sound,just press the button and kapow.

tett

Quote from: "Chris Canning"... I'll not shout too loud because I've only ridden it round the block is fresh fork oil, again 15wt,but 750cc,it is very strange riding a Tiger with little fork dive,how the bike will handle,will the forks stand to the extra without popping seals,I don't know,but blimey different is most cerainley....

I just did my forks with 5wt and so far feels great!  Lets hope the seals stand up.

tett
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

jnutiger

Thanks Chris

Look forward to hearing how the battery holds up.
2006 Tiger

Chris Canning

Piece of usless info but you never know, all the body work you see is 885i,incase you ever wonder is it the same as a 955