News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

HELP NEEDED. MOTRAX VISHAS & GUVNA DISC LOCKS

Started by Tigertriple, April 05, 2011, 10:16:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigertriple

Does anyone use one of these disc locks? I am thinking of buying a disc lock and I considering either a Motrax vishas or guvna lock. I'm concerned that the vishas lock will not fit the disc on my 06 Tiger.

Any help appreciated :D
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

Tigertriple

I have now bit the bullet and bought a Guvna lock to use as well as a chain and padlock.

oxnsox

Just don't forget to take the disk lock off before you ride off...

You'd be surprised how easy it is too do, (and how embarrassing it is :oops: )
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bixxer Bob

Friend with a Sprint RS forgot, did a low speed (make that zero speed) drop and did £2,500 of damage  :shock:  Nearly wrote it off..... :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

BONANZA

I saw exactly the same thing last week but with a Hayabusa. Amazingly the rider was more concerned about his helmet than the bike :shock:  I think it was more embarrasment than anything else as he didn,t hang about for long after the bike was picked up.
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "BONANZA"I saw exactly the same thing last week but with a Hayabusa. Amazingly the rider was more concerned about his helmet than the bike :shock:  I think it was more embarrasment than anything else as he didn,t hang about for long after the bike was picked up.

Strange...  :icon_scratch 'Busa riders are normally used to being embarrassed, after all... they ride the fugliest bike on the planet  :lol:  it's not known as the Eye Abuser for nothing :ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

MtheTiger

QuoteJust don't forget to take the disk lock off before you ride off...

Quite right !
.... happened to me once and cost me a blinker/indicator front left.....waste of money.
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue

iansoady

I have a length of brightly coloured cord that I drape between the disc lock & the front brake lever just in case.

Doesn't guarantee I'll see it though......
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Tigertriple

I have a bright orange cord attached to the throttle to remind me the lock is fitted. I would have welcomed some recommendations on disc locks. As mentioned I have now bought a Motrax Guvna lock.

Mustang

Quote from: "Tigertriple"I would have welcomed some recommendations on disc locks. As mentioned I have now bought a Motrax Guvna lock.
I think most here don't use or care for them :shock:

the lock means nothing to three guys and a van ..................