News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

SOLD - 2006 Triumph Tiger

Started by JasonS, April 18, 2011, 10:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonS

2006 Triumph Tiger 955i – 17,800 miles – Caspian Blue!

2006 is the last year for the 955i Tiger and is arguably the best year for the model run. The Tiger is a tall Dual Sport poser.. IE, it can go anywhere, but you better be able to muscle it around like Sasquatch ( you will figure out who he is if you research Tigers very deep). It tours the world or just your neighborhood with ease. Look up "poorcirculation" and read about how two English guys road their Tigers around the world, without a support truck!  I have setup this copy for touring with an emphasis on a taller rider. The lower pegs and the bar risers with the Corbin seat gives me more room to move.

This bike was purchased form the dealer in April of 2007 by a fellow in Georgia, whom I purchased it from in the May of 2008 with 1780 miles on the odometer. It was trucked to Maine in the back on a U-haul all nice and comfy. It came with the TOR exhaust in stalled, but with the OEM pipe as well. The PO had also installed a battery tender and I also got the sport screen and the std screen as well as the factory manual.

I have added several modifications, foremost of these are the ThunderBike Engine Bars. ThunderBike rents MC's in New Zealand and the Tiger was a bike of choice, but being a bit top heavy, they protected their investment by designing engine bars that save the tank and bars in a side over. It saved me three times, twice on pine forest and once on grass. Knowing the bars are there is great for piece of mind. These three events are the only time the bike hasn't been supported by it's tires and stands.

In 2009 I took a trip to Big Bend National Park and back from Maine over three weeks. You can see the setup in the pictures. I used a Mountain Sun Tank Pannier setup to provide additional space, but more to get some weight loaded up forward. I started with one set of tires and mounted a new set in Austin Texas at 10,000 miles almost exactly. That set is still on the bike and the rear is very much ready to be replaced. The Austin Dealer was great!! and did a 12k early check over. It also had a check up at the end of the '09 season and passed with good marks!!  The Chain and Front and Rear Sprockets need to be replaced. There is currently an 19t sprocket up front and I have the OEM 18t that will go with the bike.

I have changed the oil every 3-4k with Mobil One, kept the bike in good tune and have always stored it in a garage and covered while touring with an Aerostich Dreadnought Bike Cover.

In preparation for touring I added many goodies to the bike and they will mostly be going with it... I will reserve out the right to keep the one of the seats and the OEM exhaust, unless the bikes goes for the full asking price. There are mirror extender posts installed to kick the mirrors out  so visibility is better. Mustang (another member of the fine Tiger on line community) created a set of lowered pegs specifically for this Tiger as the prototype, lowering the foot placement an inch. The Corbin seat allow the rider to be farther back on the seat, with a broader support for cruising, as well as for allowing a tank in the crotch riding position with more weight on the feet. The ROX bar risers are adjustable on several planes and allow for better ergonomics. The Blue LED digital voltage gage was a spendy but awesome addition! I performed the Sasquatch wiring modification that creates a direct link between the alternator and the voltage regulator, bypassing the OEM wiring harness and bumping voltage by a half to a whole watt, It was done in such a way that it can be put back to OEM easily. A lube-man chain oiler is installed to provide an easy way to keep the chain slick. I installed a couple of RAM mounting balls to mount the GPS and the Radar detector.  The wiring loom I added carries accessory power up front in a wrapped bundle of heavy gage wire for the Digital gage, lighter socket, Radar detector and GPS, as well as a power lead for a different horn (I never got around to adding the horn, but it needs a louder one as all Triumphs do, and the power is run to do it!). PIAA driving lights are installed and that wire harness comes down the right side of the bike to the battery, whereas the accessory power cable runs down the right side. The PIAA lights need the low watt bulbs installed. As they sit they can be run, but it will kill the battery as the draw exceeds the output of the alternator.

I am getting out of Motorcycles as I am not in a financial position to support continued riding. I also acknowledge that riding is a risky pursuit that carries with it certain risk. I also need the money... lol The Tiger is an awesome bike and this is a great example. It has been well cared for, but it has also been ridden, and as a result there are some scuffs on the hard bags from boot scuffs and gear rubbing, but there are no dents or deep scratches. There are also really cool ADV stickers applied. Those alone make the bike worth more. It also comes with some authenticrud to give you instant cool if you want to have that "I've been touring" look, or I will wash it before delivery.

This bike is being offered for sale through several outlets and may be removed from sale at anytime should the right offer come in. I am looking to move this fine motorcycle in the next two weeks, so I am motivated, but I also understand the value in what I have. Best offer over $5500.00... It is going up on Ebay with a $5800 buy it now price by the end of this evening.... you can call my cellaphone at too oh seven sex too oh sex three sex too   or send PM through the site or std email to j j s at tide water dot net

All three factory Hard Bags ($900+)
Corbin Custom Seat Installed ($375)
Custom Alaska Sheepskin Cover on Corbin ($65)
OEM Seats Available
Triumph TOR Exhaust Installed ($180)
Triumph OEM Available
Mustang Lower Billet Aluminum Pegs (1st pair ever on a 955 - $100)
Sport Windscreen (color matched) Installed ($150)
Standard and Touring Screens Included
Triumph Tank Bag ($125)
Mirror Extender Rods ($25)
OEM Hand Guards
Adjustable Brake Lever Installed ($35)
ROX Risers Installed on Bars ($85)
ThunderBike Engine Bars ($400+)
Battery Tender Installed ($35)
Accessory Fuse Panel Installed ($55)
Blue LED Digital Voltage Gage ($65)
12 Volt Dash Mounted Lighter Socket ($16)
Power Socket For V1 Radar Detector Installed in Dash
OEM Triumph Heated Grips ($125)
Lube-man Oiler Installed ($35)
PIAA Driving Lights Installed ($155)
OEM Center Stand
RAM Mounts for GPS and Radar Detector Installed ($45)
Aerostich Black Dreadnought Bike Cover ($millions)
Factory Service Manual ($75)

Pictures soon at the below site where there is a link to a FB album of photos from the Texas Trip

http://www.jasonsimonds.com/tiger/

Also pictures at the Maine Craiglist posting....
http://maine.craigslist.org/mcy/2332906083.html
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

KuzzinKenny

Hey JasonS !! Someone is goin to get a grrreat low ml bike !!  :thumbsup

sorry to see ya go  :(  but when its time to hang up yer helmet........

mind an drop by now and again  :thumbsup

8)

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

JasonS

.. it was not a happy decision to let it go... but as a friend said, they made a lot of them, so you can buy another if the time comes.. .

as for hanging up the helmet, I am selling it... already sold the stitch... sniff

cheers!
\'tweachisown

JasonS

Really?  

Is there no interest...?? (sniff sniff)

This is a great bike with lots of the stuff you'd add at a fraction of what it would cost to outfit it..  hope someone can take advantage of this awesome deal...
\'tweachisown

JasonS

I am so surprised that I have gotten so few inquiries about my bike.....

to clarify... all the extras and spares go with the bike at the $5800 asking price.
\'tweachisown

greatbuffalo

Jason, Have you tried to post this on ADVrider.com?
Much bigger audience over there.

This is a sweet bike and would have given it interest had it been a month earlier and 1000 miles closer.

Much luck with this sale.

If you find yourself selling some farkles let me know. I'd be interested in the ram mounts and the tankbag.
2001 Triumph Tiger. Black

JasonS

I do have it up on ADV... thanks for suggesting

P R I C E   R E D U C T I O N ! ! ! !

$5500.00
\'tweachisown