News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Is this Europe in general?

Started by DennisB, April 19, 2011, 04:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennisB

I spend alot of time in places like Belgium, Italy, Germany, Luxembourg and one thing that I have noticed that is disturbing is the amount of dog fecle matter that has to be dodged when trying to take in the awsome culture.

Its hard enough to pretened to be Canadian, dodging dog shit and acting like its no big deal is kinda hard :D

Timbox2

It has been an issue in the UK but over the last few years there has been a fairly big campaign getting people to scoop it up and dispose of it in doggy poop bins which are fairly well supplied, saying that over in Wales where I live at present there is talk of banning dogs from any recreation areas where children play as the problem still exists.

Its a shame really as I am a Dog Owner and always go out armed with plenty of bags, but I know some dont.

Personally I think they should bring back Dog Licencing and make it a reasonable amount which might help pay towards stuff like this and stop people getting dogs without thinking about the responsibilities that come with them.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Lot more common place in Europe as opposed to the Uk as a higher percentage live in flats,so the local pavement is the norm.

Nick Calne

It is without question the thing I hate the most in the whole world.

Anybody letting their dog crap outside my house gets a right kicking!  More than one person has been made to put it in their pocket in the past.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

rainycoastguy

It's a sad thing to have to pick up dog shit...but it's crappy to step in it too.  A country dog will look for a bush to dump on, will rarely use the pavement if he's in town.  But have some pity for these town dogs, locked up all day in an apartment, desperate for someone to take them out.  Really, dogs don't belong in a town or city, it is no life for them, just comfort and inconvenience for the owner.

Spud

it not sad to pick up dog shit I do it all the time, it's the decent thing to do when your dog has a dump, cheers spud  :wink:

mikeybikey57

On the subject of dogs and turds, I thought this recollection may amuse you.

I work as a mental health nurse with the local criminal justice system and some years ago, was asked to see a man who the Police thought might be mentally unwell.

Turned out that a distant neighbour had been letting his german shepherd crap on his front garden on an almost daily basis.

He eventually became so pissed off that he followed the man and his dog home, walked up to the front door, dropped his trousers and laid an enormous turd on the blokes doorstep, adding " .....see how you like it you twat!"

Thankfully my assessment of his mental health revealed he was perfectly normal, albeit rather cross. Even the Police saw funny side of it and eventually let him off with an informal caution.
There\'s no point in worrying about life, because you\'ll never get out of it alive.

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Tigertriple

I blame the Nike company  :D

I wonder what this dog would leave behind

Never a truer word spoken

Lastly

:D
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

MtheTiger

a shot in the neck helps preventing crap(py) behaviour in the future :twisted:
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue

BruKen

Quote from: "Spud"it not sad to pick up dog shit I do it all the time, it's the decent thing to do when your dog has a dump, cheers spud  :wink:

You've missed his point completely. As a field geologist I spent 10 years in the African Bushveld mapping new territory. I worked alone for 10 months of the year in various field camps and had 3 dogs for company and protection. I never ever saw them take a dump at camp. Ever! Never found out where they did either.
I'll never have a dog in suburbia now. Much less a town. It's fundamentally cruel forcing them to live in a yard while you bugger off to work. I would vote banning the ownership of dogs period unless you have the facilities and space and can demonstrate it. You wouldn't dream of keeping a horse in your yard, but I can tell you, most field dogs will kill a horse when it comes to stamina.

Edit.

This little one was a peach.

Not the most cleverest when boulder hopping though I often had to carry her down the mountains because she would run herself to heat exhaustion

The mutts