News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Centre Stand fitting kit?

Started by nonterraqueous, April 21, 2011, 07:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nonterraqueous

My lovely wife bought me a centre stand for my birthday but she did not consult me first and it came without a fitting kit, which the seller does not sell. (spring, brackets bolts etc)

Does anyone know of anywhere on the planet that sells the kits on their own? I really want to fit this stand to the bike without having to discard it and buy a complete stand with kit? Thanks

I am in the UK and would prefer a UK seller but can always shop abroad if necessary

Thanks - Chris

Putts255

I just installed a triumph centre stand on mine last week.  I will see when I get home if I can find the packing list.  Maybe you can get the primary bolts etc from the hardware store.  The springs I am not sure.  A motorcycle wrecker might have a bin of springs.  

Either way I will try and get you the list at least.  Maybe take a picture of the 2 springs as well....

Or maybe someone will chime in and help you out.....

Good luck.
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

jrockrat

Bike bandit sells OEM Triumph parts and they have all the parts listed for the center stand.
World of triumph in the UK looks like they have them too.
http://www.worldoftriumph.com/section.php/4276/1/parts_locator

nonterraqueous

That's great guys thanks a lot -

Do either of you guys have experience with these?

If so, could you advise me - on World Of Triumph the screws/bolts part number PFKL1185978 (SCREW. M10 X 1.25. 10.) are these really likely to be £7.58 each? Or is it likely 10 for that price? Seems a bit steep compared to the other parts.

I ask as the 'add to basket' bit automatically inputs '4' for me, and that means it's over £30 just for the 4 screws?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Chris

Putts255

Well you do need 4 of those for sure.  Those are the longer screws you will need to mount the 2 plates to the drivers foot peg area.  AT that price I would be a little put back as well.  

I bought my whole centre stand including everything to mount it up with on World of Triumph for £40.  I bought the one for the older tiger and it fit perfectlty on my 2001.  

Thats why I suggest the hardware store....you never know...
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

iansoady

I've just had a quick look at mine, and those screws just look like ordinary Allen screws to me. High tensile versions should be available from your local friendly fastener shop.

Interesting that the price for the whole caboodle is only £21.50 on WOT.....
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

jrockrat

Quote from: "iansoady"I've just had a quick look at mine, and those screws just look like ordinary Allen screws to me. High tensile versions should be available from your local friendly fastener shop.

Interesting that the price for the whole caboodle is only £21.50 on WOT.....

Yeah, I've tried mulitple times to get the kit, but it won't add it to my cart. I've sent them an email about it and I'm waiting on a reply.

nonterraqueous

I asked them about the kit last night - they say it has been discontinued and although still showing on the site it's not available to buy.

They replied to this this morning about that so they must be open despite it being a bank holiday - hopefully they will reply to my other question I asked earlier about the screws!

nonterraqueous

Wow! - really didn't expect this! WOT got back to me today and the screws ARE indeed £7.58 each. What on earth is so special about them? Can anyone take a close up photo of one to see why they are so expensive? Do they have a diamond core, platinum thread and a 22ct gold head?

I could probably afford these but I positively do not want to pay over £30 quid for something I may be able to get at B&Q!!!

(They are about the same price on Bike Bandit too)

Chris