News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tyre Pressures-Anakee 2

Started by R0B, May 01, 2011, 08:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R0B

I've just fitted some Anakee 2s to my tiger.......anyone know or can point out where to check the pressures. I tried 30/33 psi as per the handbook for T66s but they were awful.........I'm up to 36/36 which is better, but I just wanted to check.

Rob

CoolHandLuke

I'm running 32/32 and they suit me.

dave NL

Im running 2.4 bar in the front and 2.8 in the back. thats almost 35 psi in the front and 40,5 in the back.

I don`t have a reference with tires for the tiger, it`s the first set I mounted, and the tires before were 16 years old, but the anakees hold up fine imho. Only at higher speeds and full power accel in bends the bike have some movement, tyre roll I think, but can also be the character of the bike.

Its very easy to throw the bike on the edges of the rear tyre, good grip, but half way there is a groove in the tyre, you might feel it, so push more down
 :D

Edit, My bike has 2001 rims so with the 150 tyre and 4,25" wide wheel....
Getting the tiger back on the road.

R0B

Thanks for the replies. With 30 in the front, it felt like the front end was going to fall off a cliff, really unstable cornering.........kinda like the front end was going to wash out..........when I increased the pressures, it felt a lot better. In the handbook, Triumph only give one set of pressures, not solo/two up. I might email Michelin and see if I can get them to commit themselves to some pressures................they must be able to supply pressures as they sell the tyre.........I would have thought there would be a whole load of health and safety going on otherwise :-)

Rob

CoolHandLuke

Please let us know what they come back with.

Cheers,

Matt.

dave NL

Quote from: "R0B"Thanks for the replies. With 30 in the front, it felt like the front end was going to fall off a cliff, really unstable cornering.........kinda like the front end was going to wash out..........when I increased the pressures, it felt a lot better. In the handbook, Triumph only give one set of pressures, not solo/two up. I might email Michelin and see if I can get them to commit themselves to some pressures................they must be able to supply pressures as they sell the tyre.........I would have thought there would be a whole load of health and safety going on otherwise :-)

Rob

The front end is also to soft with stock springs, uprated springs are on my wishlist for the winter with new oil. Also the tiger does not come with a stabilizer between the long forklegs, missed opportunity imo.
Getting the tiger back on the road.

R0B

I went out today for a 200 mile test run, just to shake the bike out after it's repairs/upgrades. It was surprisingly gusty, and I had a couple of serious wobble moments when the wind caught me. I have a new Hagon on the back, and that worked a treat. On the front, I didn't feel it was too bad, I was slightly more unhappy with some brake fade.

I'm just in the process of having a set of tiger stanchions rebuilt into Trophy sliders for my other Tiger, and then I'm 3 spoking and adding 6 pot Tokicos. I'm using uprated trophy springs with standard trophy oil levels and tube spacers for the preload.........I hope that will sort out everything in one hit.

I'll update here as soon as I hear from Michelin

Rob

R0B

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

We would advise that for your 1996 Triumph Tiger 900 if on tyre sizes front 110/80 – 19 59H T/L (tubeless) and Rear 140/80 – 17 69H T/L the tyre pressures should be as follows:-

Front – 32 psi (pounds per square inch)
Rear – 36 psi (pounds per square inch)

You would be advised to follow values indicated in the motorcycle handbook in relation to the tyre size fitted – specifications can change without our knowledge.

We have allocated your message the reference number indicated above. If you need to contact us again regarding your message, we would be grateful if you could include the reference number.

Once again thank you for your interest in Michelin.

Yours sincerely

Michelin Tyre Public Limited Company

CoolHandLuke

Cool.

Thank you Rob.  I shall apply those pressures to my bike and see how I get on.

rybes

i put mine up to the same as daves and it made a world of differnce. dont feel so squirmy altho, get caught in lorry wind made it a big squigly. so might lower em a bit to see how it gets on
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

R0B

Thought I'd  post a quick update. I adjusted the pressures accordingly, and found that my rear had less pressure in than I thought. I've just done a heavily laden trip across France and have to admit to being happy with the performance.................no wobbly moments and feeling planted at motorway and traffic jam speeds.

Rob

Colonel Nikolai

Whenever I've read about official tire pressures for motorcycle tires, they were always accompanied with a range of ambient temperatures in a chart.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.