News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

BMW handguards on a 955i Tiger?

Started by skoron, May 24, 2011, 04:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skoron

I am thinking of installing a set of BMW R1200GS handguards on my Tiger.  I have seen them on a Roadie, but don't see why they will not fit on a Girly.   They use a handlebar clamp on one end but I am not sure if the screw for the handelbar end weight will capture the guard.  

Has anybody done this switch?

Skoron
The ride\'s the thing, travel too fast and you miss the reason.

Mustang

Timbox2

Dont know of anyone who has fitted 1200GS guards, but plenty have fitted 1150GS ones, including me, think the 1200 Bars have a very different bend and master cylinder setup
2016 Tiger Sport

Tigertriple

I fitted a set of 1150GS guards with Touratec spoilers. They fitted without any problems apart from needing to fit a couple of washers between the bar end and throttle as the throttle was sticking. Could have left it as a cruise control of sorts :wink: I'm sure I posted details of where I bought the guards as I got a good deal on them. Off the top of my head I think it was Motobins for around £56.00. Bought the spoilers direct from Touratec. Overall a lot better than the standard kit.

2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

LTB

I have Tiger 1050 guards on my Girly. They fit with very little mod and work very well.
Best part is the "Triumph" stamp on the inside. You don't want "BMW" do you :0)

/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"

paulie

I'm rolling with the 1150GS guards as well. They bolt right on. As mentioned, you may need to shim them on the bar end. I did with mine, worked great.

I got my guards off ebay for a decent discount off retail.
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

atokad

And a little more help from your friends: http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

On page three I have some pics posted of the mods I did to the outside washer to get the handguards (1150 GS) to line up a little straighter at the bar ends.

Other than that, they bolted right up with none of the heating, tweaking etc that some others said they had to do to get them to fit.