News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Three spoke wheel conversion

Started by R0B, May 25, 2011, 07:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R0B

yes, they dont line up the TBy okes are further forward by about 5mm

rf9rider

Missed the bit about the lip, its flush with the rest of the bottom yoke, so don`t know if it had a lip as i got it like this.
I`ve just had a browse on Ebay and can`t see anything to compare mine with, if there was a lip on the bottom?

R0B

Well, I swapped my yokes over with another different sprint set, and have come up with exactly the same problem......I'll attach a couple of pictures......the only difference I can see is the lip I mentioned doesn't appear to be on your top yoke, but even machine off, that would only give a max of 4mm.........apart from that I really don't understand the differences........I have the Speed triple yoke on order, so may just have to wait for that.

Rob

rf9rider

Rob, finally discovered my yokes are from a 91-94 Trophy 1200.
Doesn`t help you much but thought i`d let you know.  :)

R0B

thanks for that info. I know you had your speedo cable custom made, but I was looking on sprint's website tonight and found out that the standard tiger is 101cm, they do a cable at 108cm and 126cm, and they are £15, which I know is a lot less than you had to pay. I'll have a measure up and work out which would be best.

Rob

rf9rider

Yup, was told by Sandy that the only option for the speedo cable was to have my original modded by Venhill Engineering, cost me £30 plus P&P!

Never knew Sprint did them, will try them for the project bike if you get one ok from them.  :)

R0B

Well, the postie has been in my absence and delivered a replacement top yoke......It fits, it clears, and now I can get on with putting the bike back together.....

rf9rider

Looks smart Rob.
How was the holiday?  :)

R0B

good enough, but I was missing my bikes.............and wanted to get this sorted (I know-sad git)....I really did want this to be a simple job, which if you have the right parts it is........just whether your wallet can stand it........in the end I did well with the top yoke.......retails at 255 euros and I got it delivered for 99........but I have a pile of spare top and bottom yokes, and the sprint type do seem to differ......with different spacing from the centre spindle......My bike also seems to be even higher than before :-) .............might have to lose the corbin, or get it altered (it needs a re-cover anyway).........I would invert the spindle, but I really wanted to fit a hugger......so plenty to sort yet!!

rf9rider

So which bottom yoke did you end up using?

R0B

It's a '96 sprint lower yoke..........I can probably try and get a part number off it if you need it.........I really don't know how they use the T'bird stuff.......

Rob

rf9rider

Thanks, only for future reference, a long way to go before i start the new build.

R0B

Well it's been kinda slow getting there, but she's nearly finished. I've just ordered a new Hagon to drop the rear an inch and a bit, got the rear hugger to fit and a few bits and bobs..oh like a speedo cable :-) ......but not far off........oh yes, and the 6 pots certainly stop her :-)

rf9rider

Looking good Rob.
Does the new top yoke bring the bars further back?
Looks like it in the pic?

rybes

thats lookin good that is rob 8) ill have to get round to it one day  :lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)