News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Don't Panic Mr Mannering!!

Started by Chris Canning, May 27, 2011, 09:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Forgot to say,come to get off the ferry in Hollyhead sunday night,baring mind I've 100 bikes behind me,jump on said bike,wife gets on,side stand up, make sure it's in neutral,turn the key absolutely zilch  :shock: ,go through everything 2/3 times including the clutch lever nothing try for umteenth time turning the ignition on,hey presto,lights up,press start button and gone phewww.

ChazzyB

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Forgot to say,come to get off the ferry in Hollyhead sunday night,baring mind I've 100 bikes behind me,jump on said bike,wife gets on,side stand up, make sure it's in neutral,turn the key absolutely zilch  :shock: ,go through everything 2/3 times including the clutch lever nothing try for umteenth time turning the ignition on,hey presto,lights up,press start button and gone phewww.

That'll be the side-stand switch plunger sticking in, then. Possibly.
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

kelpie_67

check connections at the the back of ignition key barrel- likely culprit
2000 885i yellow - can you see me now?

Chris Canning

Well I'm certainley going to have to work my way through the bike,although it's got over 30,000 hard miles on it,the bike has never seen a winters day in it's life,so there's zero corrosion.

ChazzyB

Quote from: "kelpie_67"check connections at the the back of ignition key barrel- likely culprit

On re-reading the problem description properly when sober, I'd suggest this too. Though when my switch went west, I lost only the ignition -  still had lights, etc. A chum had the switch on his 2-y/o Speed Triple 1050 go too. He lost lights but not ignition.
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

Chris Canning

I'd lost everything there was zilch,to be honest in just about any other situation I'd have not been to bothered and set about sorting it,but with dozens of bikers behind you all absolutely gung ho,not idle  :D

Bixxer Bob

+1 on the ign switch, sidestand switch wouldn't take out everything....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...