News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Running on 2

Started by Patman1200, May 31, 2011, 11:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"You just reminded me, the injector body (to head) gasket is a known problem on all Triumphs that use this engine.   It's an easy fix and cheap too (about £7) just watch for the usual, don't drop any gasket crap into the intakes etc and the torx screws are quite soft so be careful not to round one out.  SS allen bolts are a good swap. I did a post in the "how to" section on it a while back.  Here it is if you need it:

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/msg,44959

At risk of repeating myself..... :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Patman1200

It took 10 years and 53,000 miles for it to fail though!
That's my excuse.

Time to follow your guide and get her on the road again.  :lol:
2001 Tiger 955i - Stock
1998 Bandit 1200 - Holeshot Stage 1 kit
2000 TTR 250 - Mud machine
1996 Bandit 400 vv - Screamer

Patman1200

Hopefully this is the final update and I can put this problem to bed...... yes it was the inlet manifold gasket leaking, but this wasn't the only fault!
It was still not running properly after fitting the new gasket. So in desperation a non-mechanic mate said have you swapped the coils and spark plugs? Maybe they are failing under load or shorting somewhere before the spark plug.
Already been there and done that  but as I was at a total loss I got out the sockets and removed 2 coils. Well bugger me if one of them now had a dirty great crack in it! I swapped them over and started her up to find that the non-firing cylinder was now no.2 and there was arching around the coil top.

So I now have a new coil.....£90 !!!!!
Tomorrow I find out if it all works again.
2001 Tiger 955i - Stock

Patman1200

She's ALIVE!!!!!  :lol:

Now doing the airbox baffle removal, upgrading the idle control pipes and I can get her back on the road.
2001 Tiger 955i - Stock

Patman1200

Tigger is back on the road.
I did the airbox mod using a small blowtorch to melt the plastic until I could pull the entire baffle bulkhead out.

I can't say I notice a difference in performance but the overall noise of the engine is a bit more throaty.

I shall start on blowing a new firmware/tune into the ECU later this week hopefully.  :D  :D
2001 Tiger 955i - Stock