News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

my magic number

Started by rybes, June 08, 2011, 09:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

been countin down the miles to this number. now i jus gotta put on another 40 thou  8)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

GavD

BIG up to you and your steamer Rybes, she's a credit to you and Hinkley.

Hope you achieve your 100,000 goal.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

rybes

cheers gav  8)  jus got back out from a ride on it. 10 45 pm and i can still wear a dark visor safely. how weird is that  :?  its now on 60106

GavD

Not as many as yours Rybes, but my Steamer turned 40 today!!
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

threepot

Yes,well done.I'll be more than happy if mine gets to that with no major probs. Mine's on 38k,and my Super3 on 46K. Not done much to the Tiger,only oil changes and carb work since the 8 mnths I've had it. Need to check shimms tho..for peace of mind. There is a strange 'scratching' sound from engine when I accelerate?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

rybes

cant remember of the top of my head as im not with the bike at the mo but i think mines coin up or just passin the 75thou mark now  :thumbsup when i get back to it ill repost n let ya know

Geoff W

Isn't there a "What's Yours Done ? " thread somewhere for mileage accrued ? Mine is coming up t0 61 k soon.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

ynotbiker

Rocinante

Then I guess Rocinante is a grown-up with about 160 Kkm om the clocks, which equals to 100 K miles. I say about because it ran a couple of years without a working speedometer.

Good luck with the next 40K miles.
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

Nick Calne

Well done Rybes, you been through a fair bit of repair and maintenance to get there!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

rybes

no nick, its all been trouble free  :doubt lol

Nick Calne

Cough, cough, yes of course.   :wave
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

recroy

mine just ticked over 57000 km. runs like new.
'94 steamer  '87 transalp

rybes

Quote from: nickcalne on April 26, 2013, 03:00:54 PM
Cough, cough, yes of course.   :wave

well maybe they might have been a few things that have needed attention  :pottytrain2 lol but apart from that nuffin has gone wrong lol

97tiger885

Quote from: GavD on June 09, 2011, 10:04:53 PM
BIG up to you and your steamer Rybes, she's a credit to you and Hinkley.

Hope you achieve your 100,000 goal.

In 94, one reason I bought a BMW rather than a Triumph was that the Triumph's odometer reset to 0 at 100k.  Seemed like a lack of confidence in the product.  Never understood why Hinckley chose to use tenths on both odometers.