News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

'96 Steamer 'project' for sale... SOLD

Started by NeilD, June 09, 2011, 07:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilD

decided that I'm selling my bike - I've listed it as 'project' due to the ongoing problems it has, however it still starts and runs, just dies after 5 miles, restarts and repeats, then is normally fine for the rest of the day. I've lost faith in it,  but for someone who is prepared to go through everything (I still think its fuel related) then its a good bike. Ran perfectly last Summer and even now when it is running its great.
over the past winter it has had new chain and sprokets, alternator drive bolt replaced (with the later moddified shaft/bolt), powdercoated engine covers, rack, sumpguard and rear footrest hangers.
Hugger fitted.
Thunderbike Crashbars.
The tank had 'spining nut issues' so this has been replaced by a known good tank, which was professionally repainted along with the front fairing panels and the new airbox covers.
for the purposes of sellign it, I've reverted back to the original wheels which are ok - front has tarnished worse than the rear but in no way 'rotten'. Front tyre is half worn, the rear is down to the wear bars. Standard exhausts refitted, which are in sound condition, although have been repaired in the past.
The Venom pipes and 'Girly' wheels with new tyresand discs will be available at extra cost. If anyone buying the bike doesnt want them then I'll list them seperately once its gone.
No MOT, but is taxed till September (I think)

am offering it here first for £600, but I really need it gone so will be going on ebay next week.

DSCN0230 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

DSCN0229 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

DSCN0231 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

ChazzyB

Must be worth, oooh, a Frank? ;-)
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

CoolHandLuke

Is that the end of your Tiger ownership?

If it was a few months down the line, I would have taken if off your hands for that price.

Mustang

I be all over it , if it could float across the big pond ..............

coils

rf9rider

I`m interested.
I`ll send you a pm Neil.

NeilD

Quote from: "CoolHandLuke"Is that the end of your Tiger ownership?

hopefully not.. looking towards either a late Girly or possibly one of those new fangled beaky ones!  :D

Jaythro

Nice Bike Neil

Did you try slackening the tank lid with less than half a tank of fuel and riding in case you're getting a vacuum Or Mustangs famous in line filter is blocked and not allowing sufficient fuel to keep you going

Other than that I'd say your hall sensor (Timing thingy) was breaking down when hot

Wish you were closer I'd give you a hand :-D

I'm about to dive in and do stuff on my old bike that Sin Tiger bought

BruKen

I'd be intersted in the cans, wheels and bars.

at £600 that is a steal. Wish I had the space,  :cry: but I've decided on keeping YAPI

Mustang

Quote from: "BruKen"I'd be intersted in the cans, wheels and bars.

at £600 that is a steal. Wish I had the space,  :cry: but I've decided on keeping YAPI

:hello2 hard to want to let it go isn't it .......................

BruKen

Yes  :D  the love affair keeps growing. Besides....The missus wants a bike now too so my garage workshop is mine no more. Never get complacent about your man-cave ownership, when push comes to shove everything is hers  :bowdown

edit: is there a reasonable method of lowering a tigger to a 30 inch seat height? Cos she wants the new Kwak 6ER-F but if I could fob her off with an easy 600 bucks we'd have a his and hers  :wings  

:ImaPoser

Mustang

Quote from: "BruKen"edit: is there a reasonable method of lowering a tigger to a 30 inch seat height? Cos she wants the new Kwak 6ER-F but if I could fob her off with an easy 600 bucks we'd have a his and hers  :wings  

:ImaPoser
rolling the eccentrics in the swingarm 180 degrees and pulling the forks up in the triples by an inch or so does wonders for short legs .................

she should be able to flat foot it then .
His and hers steamers are  awesome .

Mrs M's tigger is lowered just like that look at the pic she's flat footin no problem

Nick Calne

Neil, mate it's worth probably 2x£600!  I check ebay for tiger items most days.  Start the bidding at £600 min.  If it doesn't go, pm me, I've been looking for a second tiger and possibly letting the daytona go.  But I could live with three bikes  :lol:

(anyone wanna nice daytona?)

EDIT: Oh and when you list it, do so with the heading Triumph tiger 900 885.  Some silly people just put 'tiger' or '1994 triumph' and it doesn't show up when you search.  They tend to get much less for their bike.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Big Mick

Hi Neil, has the bike been sold ? If not I am very interested, been thinking of getting a steamer and yours is in the best colour !
97 Steamer, Caspian Blue.
Girly wheels, Venom Exhausts, Corbin Seat,
Powerbronze Touring Screen, Triumph span adjustable levers.

NeilD

Hi Mick.. just read your PM.. Sorry, its sold..  :)

Big Mick

97 Steamer, Caspian Blue.
Girly wheels, Venom Exhausts, Corbin Seat,
Powerbronze Touring Screen, Triumph span adjustable levers.