News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I must be a giant sucker...

Started by Cos, June 13, 2011, 12:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Nikolai

Love that bike. There are tricks to making it faster, much faster. But the question I always have for the R1 crowd is what's the "usable" power of it? You need an awesome suspension to even use most of the power you have. IMHO, concentrate on that and you'll have more fun anyway.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

Cos

Quote from: "2004Tiger"
Quote from: "Cos"...the girl might be a bit old but she's still one hell of a road bike.
Like my Tiger, this one just might be a keeper.  :D
Who are you calling old? My 2004 955i is insulted.
When you need a long ride to clear your head do you have to ride around the island 3 times?

I resemble that last remark.

Two...i ride around the island 2 times. :lol:

Cyprus is big as far as islands go and there are a lot of twisty roads. Quality for quantity i guess, although i wouldn't mind having both. Still, the Continent is always an option, and Turkey is only a short ferry hop away.

Bixxer Bob

How much is a return ferry to Turkey then COS?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Cos

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"How much is a return ferry to Turkey then COS?

Mate went recently...2 people and a bike was 200 Euro both ways

BruKen

The North West of Cyprus has some of the best biking roads I have seen in my globe trotting. Especially those that lead in to the centre through the mountains and cultivated forests. Absolutely ace!!!

zoom in and see the plethora of twisties

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 04778&z=12

Cos

And since i can't leave well enough alone...

Sourced a TOR high mount to get rid of the stock boat anchor/bazooka

Front flush mounts

2 teeth up on the rear

Colonel Nikolai

Sorry I'm still staring at the half nekkid Russian girl back there.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

John Stenhouse

That's gorgeous! Want one!!!!
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Cos

Been a while...

Got new clip-ons on the old girl...OEM were killing me. Also fitted a radial m/c from a GSX-R.

And here she is with her older sister.

Sin_Tiger

Nice, the clip on's look familiar, same as a set I bought for the Thruxton. How do they feel? I'm not 100% sold on the taper clamp.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Cos

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Nice, the clip on's look familiar, same as a set I bought for the Thruxton. How do they feel? I'm not 100% sold on the taper clamp.

They're Tarozzi/Sprint mfg clip-ons. To be honest, I bought them used because they fit my budget. If I had the money I'd have bought Gilles, LSL or Cyclecat but they're pricier new and extremely difficult to find used.

So far they feel good. They had to be drilled for the controls which was a pain and because of the fairing and that they aren't Daytona specific, adjustability is a bit limited, especially when it comes to height. See where they are on the forks? We also had to McGuyver the bracket for the brake fluid pee cup. Also, we had to come up with an adapter for my existing bar ends.

Still, they seem to be ok for what they are. Wasn't sure about that clamp either so we tightened the poo out of it. Nothing has moved yet. I am definitely enjoying that they are a bit wider and flatter than OEM. I feel more secure, more comfortable and it's easier to throw the bike into a turn and change directions.

I hope that wasn't too wordy

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Sin_Tiger

Nope, perfect feedback. Same units, similar reasons, thanks.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Cos

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Nope, perfect feedback. Same units, similar reasons, thanks.

Pleasure. How are they working out for you on the Thruxton?

Sin_Tiger

That's phase 2 of the project. The engine is getting the treatment just now, followed by the front brake and forks.

Clip on's are sitting in the back room with the half fairing  :wink:

Cos

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"That's phase 2 of the project. The engine is getting the treatment just now, followed by the front brake and forks.

Clip on's are sitting in the back room with the half fairing  :wink:

My my, someone's been busy. Eagerly awaiting to see what comes of this.