News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

More Tyres

Started by Timbox2, June 13, 2011, 05:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

The 5th set today since Jan last year, I ended up going for Conti Trail Attacks again, I remember saying last year that although I loved the feel and handling the wear rate wasnt too brilliant, but having checked my records they still lasted longer than the Anakees that I had on, so  that and a fair bit cheaper than the others sealed the deal.

I never tire (No Pun intended), of the feel of a brand new set of tyres, that and the new C&S set I put on on Saturday and she feels brand new again, come on Summer :D  :D

Oh yeah for those that are interested, Tourances have lasted the best, 7.5k miles, Trail Attacks 2nd 6.2k, and Anakees 3rd with 5.8k, and the Anakees were really shagged, cupped really badly on the front and the rear was well past the wear bars, oops, but in their defence very safe feeling tyre in the wet and crap of winter.
2016 Tiger Sport

Danny955i

My father just installed a set of these on his KLR650, and they are very very nice.

For my past few sets of tires, I've run Michellin Pilot Road 1's.

Front lasted 12,000 miles.
Rear lasted 7,000 miles a tire.

I'm going to snag some Michellin Pilot Road 3's for my next round of rubber.

They are BY FAR amazing compared to the old Tourances. Cornering is great, ride is incredible, and front wheel confidence is amazing.

I've ridden my father's KLR with all sorts of tires:

Dunlop 50/50: 3000 miles front and rear.
Avon Gripster: 10,000 miles front, 6000 miles per-rear.

And now the Conti Trail Attacks... BY FAR the best tire he's put on there. And even though they are like a 95/5 they are VERY stable on dirt, I was really surprised.