News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tigers Licensed in the UK by Year Since 1994

Started by CoolHandLuke, June 29, 2011, 11:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolHandLuke

This is only accurate as the V5 document.  My V5 only states the bike is a Triumph and doesn't list the Model.
http://howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=Tiger

The combined stats is cool.  You can see the decline in sales of the Girly before the launch of the 1050 in 2006:
http://howmanyleft.co.uk/combined/tiger

iansoady

That's interesting, but the figures look a bit dubious. For example, my bike was definitely both licensed and SORNed in 2010 but there are none showing...

The model on my V5 is Tiger 955i - perhaps this model isn't included.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

iansoady

Just had a look at the source data from DfT and my bike doesn't seem to appear :?:
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

rf9rider

You watch Top Gear too then?  :lol:

iansoady

Not me mate. If I wanted to see 3 prats making (even bigger) idiots of themselves I'd just go down the nearest pub.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "rf9rider"You watch Top Gear too then?  :lol:
Nor me, someone pointed in me in the right direction :)

Chris Canning

Just shows what a crap seller the 955 was up against the 1050 with 17" wheels that no one wanted  :roll:

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "iansoady"Just had a look at the source data from DfT and my bike doesn't seem to appear :?:
Aye, I am not convinced the data is that great to be honest.

Nick Calne

interesting idea though....

Early steamers are getting rather rare if the numbers are to be believed.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

John Stenhouse

I wouldn't believe the numbers,  as  Ian and Cool Hand have pointed out there are all those that the dealers registered as Triumph, or 955i or anything else they decided was the correct way.

The classic club I belong to also pointed out that any imported car isn't listed as mostly they come in as two axle rigid, or two axle saloon.

Too many holes to be accurate but kind of interesting.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Colonel Nikolai

Since they only shipped 2000 Steamers ever to the US, could it be that Steamers are down near the hundreds here?

There are two Triumph dealers in my area (Minneapolis). One is 45 miles away in Belle Plaine, Minnesota. The other is 26 miles away in Lakeville. The one in Lakeville told me they've only seen one other Steamer than mine in the last year. I heard one mechanic there croon "I remember those!" when I took it in last year.

Rarer and rarer I'd say.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

rybes

aparantly, theres only 10 1994 steamers left in the uk. make that 9. one of em is in denmark at the mo ;) :lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"aparantly, theres only 10 1994 steamers left in the uk. make that 9. one of em is in denmark at the mo ;) :lol:

I`ve got 2 of them, one roadworthy, one in the garage in bits awaiting a rebuild  :lol:

rybes

its a good job i aint got much money or id go collecting as many steamers as possible :lol: i want em all. im not greedy or anythin ;)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)