News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What am I looking at here? 885i IACV hoses...what is this?

Started by haroldo_psf, July 01, 2011, 02:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haroldo_psf

I took the hoses that connect the IACV to the throttle bodies off the bike to clean them and wrap them with electric tape in case they are cracked. As I was tracing them, I was surprised that they end with these two screw thingies, which sure as hell look like it'ss some kind of adjustment.

What is this for?
2000 Tiger 885i

KuzzinKenny

Hey haroldo_psf !! it could be for the Evaporative Loss Equipment  :?  whatever that is  :lol:  have a looky here.......

http://www.originaltriumphparts.info/

select your bike and look at the E L E page !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Timbox2

I was bored, here you go.................. Looks like someones taken the Cali stuff off and blanked it up, Tut, Tut, your bike is responsible for world weather change :lol:

2016 Tiger Sport

haroldo_psf

this bike is like a box of chocolates. I never know what I will run into next.

So, is there any chance that the removal of the evap stuff could negatively affect how this bike idles?
2000 Tiger 885i

Timbox2

Quote from: "haroldo_psf"this bike is like a box of chocolates. I never know what I will run into next.

So, is there any chance that the removal of the evap stuff could negatively affect how this bike idles?

The removal in itself shouldnt affect it, but If youve got any leaks on the T pieces or blank offs that will, why dont you do what someone else did recently, go to an auto place and buy some vacuum pipe of the correct ID and just replace the lot direct from IACV to TB's.
2016 Tiger Sport

haroldo_psf

I took the hoses out (when I took the picture), then I cleaned them, and wrapped them completely with electric tape. Next time I take it apart I might just do that. Good idea.
2000 Tiger 885i