News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Small displacement Trumpet on the horizon?!?!?!?!

Started by deepsouthtiger, July 02, 2011, 06:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deepsouthtiger

Just read an article about the soon to be released Triumph Street Single. a (rumored 267-350 cc) Single looking somewhat (from the drawing) like a mini Speed Triple.  

Its not a Tiger, but it could lead to a a true "Scrambler" of sorts like a Kawi KLR or a Suzuki DR sort of a dirt bike with lights and a tag hanger.

How cool would that be?!?!?!?!!?
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits

CoolHandLuke

I have heard some vague rumours about a low CC Triumph on the horizon - possibly two bikes.  MCN saw something quite a while ago now.  Any chance you can photo the article and submit it?

Spud

Quote from: "deepsouthtiger"Just read an article about the soon to be released Triumph Street Single. a (rumored 267-350 cc) Single looking somewhat (from the drawing) like a mini Speed Triple.  

Its not a Tiger, but it could lead to a a true "Scrambler" of sorts like a Kawi KLR or a Suzuki DR sort of a dirt bike with lights and a tag hanger.

How cool would that be?!?!?!?!!?

Oh yes please, oh my...... cheers Spud  :wink:

deepsouthtiger

Never done before but will give it a try............

CoolHandLuke

Thank you.  Nice job!!!

deepsouthtiger

You are most welcome Cool.

I am kinda hoping they build a true old school scrambler around this Single format.  350 cc high pipe desert sled like back in the day would be a freakin blast.

I keep lookin at old Yamaha and Suzuki 70's model enduros online that can be had for cheap but the upkeep and issues with the ol 2 strokes keep me from pickin up one of these little fun machines.....but a modern Triumph version would certainly be JUST what the doctor ordered.

:D

Mustang

made in brazil and as an entry level bike the quality isn't going to be quite up to snuff is my guess

think honda 150f and 230f  good bikes but not exactly high quality nor good performers

oxnsox

If its  real it'll be used to get them into the worlds biggest markets....
Asia.
And will help as an entree to their heavier metal in other markets too.

Learner Trumpet anyone......
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sin_Tiger

India might well be a target they might consider building there like KTM. Singapore capacity brackets are 200 & 400 cc, I think Malaysia & Thailand are either 150 or 200, thereafter they are considered luxury items. They could rexuce taxes considerably by building locally like Kawasaki in Malaysia and they already have manufacturing capacity in Thailand. Interesting, John Bloor is no fool, he will have done his sums & homework.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

HockleyBoy

Quote from: "deepsouthtiger"You are most welcome Cool.

I am kinda hoping they build a true old school scrambler around this Single format.  350 cc high pipe desert sled like back in the day would be a freakin blast.

Something like one of these,

Got one in the garage awaiting restoration!  :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

blacktiger

I'm hoping that if I leave my two

together I'll get a 450 triple in an enduro chassis. :wink:
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Spud

Quote from: "HockleyBoy"
Quote from: "deepsouthtiger"You are most welcome Cool.

Something like one of these,

is that the "BLAZER" I used ti sit in school lessons starring at a picture of one of those cheers Spud  :wink:

Mustang

Quote from: "HockleyBoy"Something like one of these,

1971 or 72 ,right ? man those things were a turd ......not uncommon for motors to throw a rod with only a couple thousand miles on em .

abruzzi

Better to do something like this one (I used to have one, but this one isn't mine):

Geof

Spud

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "HockleyBoy"Something like one of these,

1971 or 72 ,right ? man those things were a turd ......not uncommon for motors to throw a rod with only a couple thousand miles on em .

I was a Triumph lad even in those days would of loved a "Blazer" cheers Spud  :wink: