News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Insurance Help

Started by EasyTiger, July 05, 2011, 11:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EasyTiger

Guys i have just insured my new bike fully comp today and i have opted not to have pillion cover, however we are going up to Barton bike night and my mate who is a non biker has asked if i will take him...whats the verdict on insurance and the law...your advice is appreciated

PeteH

No idea...but a phone call to your insurance could sort it out. What a crazy world we live in eh? imagine if your car insure asked if you took passengers.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Patman1200

For young drivers some of them specify no passengers in the car and even curfews!
2001 Tiger 955i - Stock
1998 Bandit 1200 - Holeshot Stage 1 kit
2000 TTR 250 - Mud machine
1996 Bandit 400 vv - Screamer

Tigertriple

Depending on who your insurance is provided by, pillion cover may not cost extra but they need to note on your policy if you intend to carry a passenger.

As suggested a quick call to your insurer will put you right. In my experience with insurance companies never ever assume anything. Always check and request written confirmation of what they agree to provide.

Good luck :D
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

Dred

Only way he gets a ride pillion with me is with gas can in hand.

I've got a mate who I've run out of gas twice in the past couple months.  I know call him Blitz 'cause I end up buying a new Blitz everytime we ride together.  But, he never even thought of climbing on my bike.  Rather, I ride to get fuel, fill a can and return it to him.

It's been over 20 years since the idea last came up as I recall.  The experience involved too much drinking plus the replacement of GSXR plastics.

I won't haul anyone that matches my gender or my weight.

Shared in jest, but I'd tell your friend he needs to buy a bike and learn to ride if he wants to attend bike night on a bike.