News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

shorty levers for a steamer

Started by rybes, July 15, 2011, 05:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

today the kind postie dropped these off for me  :D

fitted up they look like this
before

after

there from this ebay bloke, there from a 1999 zrx 1200
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT
well worth the money if ya sk me, makes things so much easier  8)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

nightrunner

Very nice!  And they bolt right on?
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

CoolHandLuke

Fsck me.  That shot of your handgrips and bar ends looks extremely phallic.

We should have an age warning on those photos!!

rybes

yup, bolt straight in no messin about.
however, ive been told by a mate that theres a bolt that needs sortin out

the arrowed one. aparantly they are a standard bolt wich is threaded all the way to the head. aparantly, the thread slowly chews the aluminum away and makes the lever wobbly. im goin to have a look at mine over the weekend and see what its like. if it is ill probly get a smaller bolt and a sleeve made up unless i can find a bolt with an unthreaded portion thatll do the job. ill let ya know what i find ;)

CoolHandLuke

Is it possible to drill out a bit and put a sleeve around the existing bolt?

rybes

ossibly, im just gunna finish me bacon n egg roll n go and have a look ;)

CoolHandLuke

I just bought me a set :)

rybes

good man :D there well worth the pennies

just been out and took a lever apart and everythin seems ok. they have a bolt wich is threaded all the way to the top but it already has a brass sleeve in the main body of the lever. only bit wich isnt sleeved is where the lever bolts onto the switch pushin part  :wink:

Sin_Tiger

Think I might just have to get a set, or two, of those myself.

Rybes, with the money you saved could you buy a set of grips that don't look like they came out of an Ann Summers catalogue :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

:ImaPoser  i get a lot of comments but them grips. was gunna change em but i think ill just leave em now as they seem to cause so much interest  :lol:

JetdocX

They look cool, but I find the clutch pull heavy and sometimes I need all four fingers on the brake hand to haul this heavy pig to a stop.  

Of course, you might have Popeye forearms. :lol:
From parts unknown.

CoolHandLuke

Clutch pull is nice and sweet with these levers.  I bought two sets - I couldn't resist at £23.

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "rybes"good man :D there well worth the pennies

just been out and took a lever apart and everythin seems ok. they have a bolt wich is threaded all the way to the top but it already has a brass sleeve in the main body of the lever. only bit wich isnt sleeved is where the lever bolts onto the switch pushin part  :wink:
Are you planning to bush that?

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "nickcalne"£23!  :shock:
Aye, I know.