News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Replacing coolant hoses on a 2001

Started by DobroDog, July 23, 2011, 03:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DobroDog

After 10 years and 36,000 miles one of the coolant hoses started weeping fluid; decided if I am changing one might as well change the others. Had a major service done about 3,000 miles ago.

Do you have any suggestions of other related maintenance items to do at this time?

Do I need to drain the system to replace hoses?

Thanks

Tim
DobroDog

jwray76

definitely drain and flush the coolant system. Also if it hasn't been done recently replace the thermostat and radiator cap. Of course while the tank is off go ahead and check the air filter.

DobroDog

Quote from: "jwray76"definitely drain and flush the coolant system. Also if it hasn't been done recently replace the thermostat and radiator cap. Of course while the tank is off go ahead and check the air filter.

Thanks, took that advice yesterday. Flushing the coolant was easy as pie. Never pay to have a dealer do that again.
DobroDog