News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Garmin Zumo 660

Started by Bixxer Bob, May 31, 2012, 02:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

I have one of these. Have to say having used it for 3 yrs I'm not Garmin's biggest fan but then I lost my GPS cherry to TomTom many years ago.

Recently, mine just died on me.  Wouldn't boot, no life at all, not a glimmer.  I looked on the web for help but nothing worked so I contacted Garmin. They said as its out of warranty they will do an exchange for £135. Bugger that I thought, so I tried leaving it with the battery and the memory card out overnight then reconnected it to my PC then inserted the battery. To my complete surprise it woke up. I logged in to my Garmin acct and found there is a software update so I did that and it now seems stable again.

The moral seems 2 fold. First, keep your software up to date, and if it packs up, don't just fork out £135.  I'm not sure what I did to get mine going but whatever, it worked.

I hope this is of use to someone, sometime   :D
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

XJC

This can be quite a common problem among handhelds, palmtops and satnavs.

It's usually caused by one of two things. Software hang, a bit like your Tigers map becoming corrupt so you have to reset it. (soft reboot).

or

Your battery is nearing end of life which can usually be replaced for between 10-20 quid. Sometimes the voltage from the usb connection is enough to effectively kick start it. (hard reboot).
After this you'll soon find out if the battery is on its way out.

I have seen new batteries installed and the thing still not boot but connecting to the usb usually works.

X.
The brain is useless. We must find another brain.

Sin_Tiger

+1 had similar with phones in the past. I must be too used to the Garmin now as I struggle with the wife's TomTom now. Neil will be along in a minute with some pervert comment  :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint