News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Brake pads

Started by abell, July 12, 2005, 09:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abell

Does anyone know of a reason why brake pads would differ on the 2005 from prior model year Tigers?
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

holland1

well maybe they put in pads with longer durability.... to be honest i think my pads dissapear quite fast... :)
gas is alles

Quote from: "holland1"well maybe they put in pads with longer durability.... to be honest i think my pads dissapear quite fast... :)

Funny you should say that. My first front set lasted 18K miles. The second set are nearly gone at 26K. Both Triumph branded. I'm going to try Ferrodo next.

holland1

My first set ( triumph original)  lasted  8K  the replacement set  (different brand) only 6K

So I'm back on triumph brake pads again........ :)   let's see how long these last
gas is alles

Sasquatch

14,500 miles and the front oem pads are still good.  I had to replace my rear pads at 12k.  Used EBCs.

abell

>well maybe they put in pads with longer durability

Not if the 6k I saw out of the rear is anything to go by!
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona