News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

i must be a little thick

Started by kwilliams7450, July 17, 2006, 10:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwilliams7450

been facinated by the tiger forum. but one thing keeps cropping up, and its the word "steamer" now i must be a little bit thick, does this refer to the tiger and if it does how? did they have a problem overheating?
be nice to people as you climb the ladder cos you meet them on the way down

PeterO

Quote from: "kwilliams7450"been facinated by the tiger forum. but one thing keeps cropping up, and its the word "steamer" now i must be a little bit thick, does this refer to the tiger and if it does how? did they have a problem overheating?

It refers to the older "steam powered" Tigers compared to the modern "petrol powered" ones  :wink:

Peter

:wink:  Steam = carbs  Petrol = injected

kwilliams7450

thanks for clearing that up peter. knowledge is power  :lol:
be nice to people as you climb the ladder cos you meet them on the way down

klrbill

What I don't get is why the 2001+s are called Girly bikes.  I think PeterO was being nice by not mentioning that part.  ;)
Sincerely,

KLR Bill

Trix

Quote from: "klrbill"What I don't get is why the 2001+s are called Girly bikes.  I think PeterO was being nice by not mentioning that part.  ;)

Girlies for girlies, I say  :wink:

Talking of which, are there any other women Tigger riders??
If you can\'t be a shining example, be a horrible warning...

Jim S

Ok, unsure about the Girly thing? Mine is an 04 model, no eye brows on the fairing so technically not a Girly?

The older model with the 900 engine is the steamer, unsure why? The newer model 955i came with decals on the fairing which looked like eyebrows hence "girly".

After completing the Stella Alpina on mine I'm not sure about them being for girlies  :wink:
04 Tiger and 97 Blade