News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

new sneakers for Tigger #3

Started by Mustang, October 23, 2008, 04:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Ok Tigger #3 is getting Hacked for the winter , that way I can ride all year in the frozen wasteland and not have to worry about falling over on ice  ! If you think a tiger front wheel washes out on you easy in sand and mud you should see how fast you hit the pavement when the pig hits some ice ! :BangHead
Anyway going to mount these tires for the winter so I can play in the snow , they are very aggressive knobbies and are also DOT rated (streeet Legal) and the really good news is they were cheaper than buying 1 TKC front tire , that's right both tires for under 110 bucks from Dennis Kirk .
They are Kenda K760 Trackmasters , the only thing that is not quite kosher is the one for the front , a 100/90/19 is really a rear tire for bikes like a CRF 450 mx bike that have 19 inch rears. should work perfect .

The back tire is 1 size smaller than what a steamer takes but when you put this next to a 140 or 150/70/17 tourance the knobbie is way wider than the tourance . I like it ! :D

Before the sidecar goes on I am definately gonna take tigger three and go play in the dirt !

The SideCar

Hmmmmm take off the plastic , shit no where to hook a car ...............yet ! :shock:

some bits of steel and a welder and looky here now I got a nice place to hang the car .  Did not have to modify anything on the tiger either to do it , YAY  :eusa_clap

This is something I have wanted to do for a while now . I have the talent and equip to do so . I am building the car completely from scratch  :shock:
Here is a pic of some machining to make various bits  that I need .

The chassis is made from steel tubing that used to be a trampoline frame , amazing what you can do with a cut off saw a pipe bender and a welder !

when I am all done fabricating  the frame will get bead blasted and painted or better yet powder coated .
Going to run a 21 inch wheel with knobbies and hydraulic disc brake  from a honda 450 dirt bike . If it works out well I will spend the money to have a 17 inch rim laced to the hub and put some big stinking knobbies on it like the bike . Also with a 17 inch rim for the car I can run street rubber on it for the summer .
My doggies are gonna love it ! The little one already has her pink doggles picked out  :ImaPoser

Stay tuned to this thread for more updates on the side car project................

Stretch

Fantastic!  Can't wait for more!

REGULATOR

thats cool!

I guess having free time in the winter is a plus....

we can ride year round here in the south so no free tiem to get creative

2004Tiger

Excellent!
Do you plan to stud the tires? Would that be legal on your roads?
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

aeronca

SWEEEEEEET. we'll have to start calling you the "Black Menace" 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

HappyMan

What an awesome idea.  Can't wait for the next set of pics.  Better yet, come to Minneapolis so I can have a look at it. 8)
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

pit0rz

Very cool idea Mustang.  I'd love to have a hack so I could take the lil'ns with me for a ride.   :headbang
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

Dr. Mordo

1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

FullMonte

Cool hack build, Mustang.  That rig is gonna be badass.  Keep us posted.

Mustang

The knobbys make her look BAD TO THE BONE
They hum and sing on the pavement seem to be really good on dirt
Glad I.m going to have a sidecar they don't like to lean too well  :shock:

Mustang

Did some major scorage this week on the side car
Got the shock tower fabbed and done and scored a nice 4 wheeler shock off Craigslist for 40 bucks
and the swingarm is done
welded on some more braces

Got a brand new fender off Ebay from china for a Chiang Jiang , only 60 bucks it will work nice

and for the major score
A big shiny pc of 3/16ths Aluminum Diamond plate to cover the deck with
Price = FREE         thanks roger buddy  :D

Stay tuned ....................................

Mudhen

:hello2

Don't be afraid to invite the locals over to see it...  :wave

Maybe I can grab that NH tag on my way.  I know I'm not hitting Eastport to get the Maine one!
\'96 Steamer

Mustang

You are welcome anytime Mudhen
West Bow st franklin

fano

Very cool! Maybe one day you can test it against a Harley  :lol:

Mustang

Only in my DREAMS :shock: